+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Orchid auction

Blog Entries

Orchid auction

Today's paper's Garden section had a blurb about the Orchid Society having an auction tomorrow. I just looked up their webpage and read:
    Don't forget the KOS auction this meeting. For the members who have just joined or have never been to the auction, you will not be disappointed. People will bring in their extra orchids they don't have room for anymore, divisions of their orchids, or things they just can not grow. Orchids and orchid related stuff is auctioned from $1.00 to $50.00.

I'm one of those $1 people. I don't know if it's a real auction or a sale. I hope it's just a sale.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    I was just recalling how the woman across the street where my Mom lives was showing me her orchids and recommendinng fertilizer and showing me the potting medium she uses. Anyway, I at some point said the word, "Cattelya". I pronounced it 'cattle-eye-ah'. She very politely said, "It's Cat-lee-uh or better yet if you want people to think you know about orchids, call them 'Cats'.
    I don't think I'll be pulling the wool over any of these orchid growers eyes if I go tomorrow, but I can throw in a Cat or two in conversation !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread