+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heat Wave...

Heat Wave...

Everyone, this is a tough one. Not only are we way, way, way behind on rain, but now we are getting record breaking heat.

From wkrg.com...

"In Mobile Tuesday we reached 100 degrees. Not only did we break a record but it was the hottest day since August of 2000. Very warm weather continues with a gradual ease down in afternoon highs. Overnight will be warm with lows near 73. Winds will be light from the east with a few leftover clouds.
    Wednesday afternoon takes us to near 94. Sunshine will prevail but a few spots will see clouds grow tall enough to produce showers or thunderstorms but most of us stay dry. Winds will be light from the south.

For the remainder of the week isolated afternoon showers are the most you can hope for as temperatures stay closer to 90 in the afternoons. "

I surely hope those isolated showers find their way here. I won't cry about the dieing grass, but I do get tired of hauling the garden hose around!

It looks like it is going to be one HOT summer!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Groan !!!!!!
    I cannot stand humidity. My sympathies ! Perhaps you need Bob's Home Orchid Growing Book more than I do
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

I think I am already 'over my head', but one day, maybe... In the meantime, you get the book and you can teach us all!

LAS! Besides, your Mom would really appreciate that!

Luv YA!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread