+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great timing-Rain !!!!

Blog Entries

Great timing-Rain !!!!

After laboring Friday and Saturday and getting done what I wanted to get done just in time for nightfall last night..it rained . Glorious soaking gentle rain ! It stopped this morning but just started up again. And I was going to drag the hose around and water today. I am so thrilled. As it was my aches and pains had aches and pains, so this is a great reprieve. Of course, since I can't sit still(not that it shows on the scale), I will probably clean houes
    But I am THRILLED over the rain !!!!!
    (I was able to weed, compost mulch and cypress mulch all backyard daylilies--the rain will soak in the goodies in the compost mulch).
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

We had a little, and I should say very little rain. The vast majority of the rain was just west and south of me, but I will not complain... It did cool us down a bit, and that is always a welcomed relief.

Looks like the forecast has changed here to a very hot and dry week. It was 90 degrees well before noon!

I'll have to continue hauling the hoses around until our summer afternoon thunderstorms arrive.

Enjoy and let the house go for a day or two.... You deserve it!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

What I wouldn't give for a gentle soaking rain. We had a big storm the other night. lots of lightening and really loud thunder. And very little rain. I was very disappointed.
    Cathy It sounds like you have been getting a lot accomplished. I did manage to collect some pine needles to mulch my front door beds. Now if it would just jump out of the bags onto the ground.LOL I will do that this evening after it cools off some. It has been unusually hot here for us so I am resting up in the house til later in the afternoon.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Here is a rain cloud(above the white one) for anyone who needs one. It sprinkled on me so I know it's full.
    Attached Images  
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

What a pretty site that is. Great photography too.
    tennessee sue

+ Reply to Thread