+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spring Bulbs

Spring Bulbs

At Home Depot, were off 50%, and I couldn't resist. There were many that I do not have, and several that I have wanted for some time.

Some, that I wanted, were all gone. Too Bad! That's okay! I did select some, and I'll be planting those tomorrow.

Such a weakness that I have...

BUT, I love it! I'll post pictures, WHEN they bloom, IF they bloom this year... That is a chance that you take with discounted bulbs!

Fortunately, all that I selected will survive in the ground here. At least, I think they will... Sometimes, one never knows!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

I might have to go to Home Depot. We have a new one that I haven't been to.
    So tell us what you bought. Don't keep us in suspense. You know we like all the details.
    tennessee sue

Oh! Let's see...

I spotted soem Gladiolus Mon Amour, and I remembered you and Cathy discussing this one, so I picked up a package of those.

I bought a Eucomis punctat. The picture shows multiple colors, but does not specify what you will get. I already have the common white one, so my luck, it will be white.

Abyssinian Gladiolus... I don't have any of those.

Some yellow rain lilies and pink rain lilies as well as a dark red Dahlia and purple Dahlia.

All of these will fill in the gaps between the Amaryllis clumps that are going in the garden this year. I can't plant the Amaryllis varieties too close together because I don't want to lose the identity of which is which.

Rather than use labels, I'm going to try to map it on paper and on the computer.

Sounds like a lot of work, doesn't it?

FUN work!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann, SOunds like a good shopping trip. I also bought some Abyssinian gladiolus this spring and they are up well but not blooming yet. Oh they smell so heavenly. We call them Peacock Orchids.
    I love rain lillies but they are not hardy here, neither is the pineapple lily but I have had both in the past.
    You will love the Mon Amour. Mine are up 2 feet tall but not blooming yet. I am so thankful to Cathy for sending these to me. I have planted one whole garden in pink and yellow to match them.
    I also got some aliums and have the small purple one in bloom now. I also bought the small yellow ones but the freeze got them I am afraid. I have really been into planting bulbs since last fall. They are so prety and so easy. I still have some in pots that will go in the ground when I get the soil in my new raised bed. I am anxious to get it ready so I can plant it full of beautiful flowers. I am building another one this year too. It will be even bigger than the first when I get it done. That is the best way I have found of dealing with this clay.
    tennessee sue

+ Reply to Thread