I've had a huge rescue peace lily for a year now. I'm never sure about amount of water. Sometimes it droops and the soil feels moist so I won't water it. I moved it outside, under the upper deck, the other day in a droopy, moist soil state. Last night it poured and I watched the water pour down through the deck slats onto the peace lily. Today, it is perking up.
I read that peace lilies are very sensitive to tap water and all the stuff in it. Could that really be true and the rain water was what it needed ? I mean, that even though in the past the soil was mosit, it was reacting to something in the tap water and not lack of water ?