+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cyclamen

Blog Entries

Cyclamen

I have 2 rescued cyclamen. They sound like garden queens to me--picky about temps and moisture. Right now, they have spent a week,in pots, under a bush next to the house.
    First off, would the cyclamen sold as Easter plants be the kind to plant in a garden AND if so, are they hardy in Zone 6 ?
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Cathy, I don't think the florist cyclamen are hardy for zone 6. There are some that are but not these. I have some very small hardy ones that I will try to get a picture of this fall when they bloom. I rescued a couple after Christmas but alas they died. I do like the cyclamen though. Thay are so pretty, both the bloomsa nd the foliage.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Eek ! I'd better get them insude then, but they sound picky even about being inside. Sounds like they want cool temps.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

I had one at work that I kept blooming for almost 2 years. It would lose all its leaves but still have blooms. It was amazing but I was off for 3 days and came back and it was dead. It was in the kitchen in a south facing window and I kept it on the damp side.
    tennessee sue

+ Reply to Thread