+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This is ridiculous

Blog Entries

This is ridiculous

Blankets are off and Kansas is awaiting a snowstorm. First, they said Wichita wasn't getting anything. Now they say 2-4 inches. I did hear something about temps near or above freezing. That's enough for me. I think my potted lilies will be fine.
    This weather is nuts !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

We have another cold front coming through here this weekend. I think the low is going to be 46 and that will only last for one day.

Next week is my spring break, and I have to tell you that it would be nice if the upper temps stayed in the lower 70's instead of in the 80's, but I believe the latter is going to be the case.

Still, I am looking forward to playing 'catch up' with too many things around here, so it is a welcome break, even though it is not really a 'break'.

I don't see very much rain in the forecast, so it looks like it will be a fairly nice week.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Giant fat wet snow flakes are falling and they are sticking. High of 44 tomorrow; doubt it will stay around ! Lilum are on their own. The temp is to be around 31 for a low.

Cathy!

Did the snow stick to the ground? We are facing storms within the hour and have been under a tornado watch for hours (and will be until 6PM).

I noticed that the new neighbors' Easter Lilies that they planted around their mailbox are about a 9" tall now. I am curious as to when they will bloom. I should really invest in some of the after Easter sales, but haven't had a chance to go to the store yet to check it out. Maybe, tomorrow...

Some of the ones that I have in pots have buds, and I can't wait to see them bloom again. Liliums don't particularly like our excessive rains. That is why they are in pots (especially, the Asiatics).
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    The snow was on the ground when I got up this morning. It was about 1 inch of slushy stuff. It wasn't on the roads though. By time I got done at the hairdresser, the snow was all gone and the sun was shining. It's just very wet now and the ground is soggy. It's almost 50 and tomorrow should be 60.
    I like growing lilies in pots primarily because you can move them around based on who's blooming at the time. Sort of like 'exterior' decorating. The only thing is that I have to be careful not to miss the window of opportunity in the fall to divide them and give them a shot of new soil. I need to get started on a leaf mold pile as they love composted leaves.

Sounds like you've got one mess of a weather forecast. I hope those nasty tornados stay up in the clouds !

Me, too!

The thunder is getting closer. The storms will be here soon. I see two of them, and they are yellow rather than red, so I do hope that they won't be so bad.

We usually lose power when the lightening is bad. Gosh! I do hate losing power, but I am getting candles ready, just in case...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Sounds like the northeast is in for some fun and games. Cancelled flights and a flood warning for Long Island(which is where I'm originally from and my 2 brothers still live there--rest of family is upstate and in New Engkand).
    It is SUNNY here and beautiful ! Too wet to garden though. I have some work-work to do , yuck, but after that will get out and at least walk around a little !

It dropped below 50 degrees this morning, and the wind is gusting to about 25 mph. I won't complain, but I do need to water my amaryllis. They are frowning at me right about now because they want to go out in the open where they will get RAIN.

This has been a weird winter!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Correction, it is now gusting over 32 mph, blowing steady at 18 mph from the NW and 56% humidity (low, low, low for us)...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Hmmm...something is going to change with that temp drop and wind. Here, usually the wind pushes some weather condition out and another in-- usually for the better.

It's now blowing 25 mph, gusting 36 mph, and the temperature is 56 degree F.

The humidity is now 46%. This is defnitely a COLD FRONT!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

It rained here most of yesterday and was still raining when I got up. Then it turned to snow and the ground is getting white. The ground is pretty saturated at this point. It was 56 this morning but is now 32. This is a late snow for us. I want spring again. We really got spoiled with all the warmth in March.
    tennessee sue

+ Reply to Thread