+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ligularias

Ligularias

I can't find the post or thread but someone mentioned getting a purple leafed variety of Ligularia last year "Britt Marie Crawford' and that person was interested in getting the L. "argentea", the white marginal variegated one I have. Whoever it was, are you able and/or willing to trade varieties? Mine is ready to divide. Let me know.
    Bob Beyer
    Austin TX, Zone 8b/9a

Reference:
    http://www.landspro.com/forums/showt...9&goto=newpost

Thanks Sue for finding the thread - Ligularia "Marie Britt Crawford". That let me know that it is Vicki that has it, soooo, Vicki, interested in trading if your plant has grown to division size. I could buy it from E-bay easily enough, but prefer to trade so you can get something new to enjoy also.
    Bob Beyer
    Austin TX, Zone 8b/9a

Bob,
    I would be thrilled to trade. I did alot of trading a couple years ago, but not much last year. I did pm you, and we can work out the details. She is a beauty.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Vicki, Never mind about trading for the Ligularia Marie Britt Crawford. I purchased one from an E-Bay vendor today.
    Bob Beyer
    Austin TX, Zone 8b/9a

O.k. Bob, you will probably get it before the nursery up here even opens. Are you getting cold there too??
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Well, The E-bay vendor couldn't deliver the plant in a timely manner so she refunded my money sooooo, I have yet to get one I've been a little nervous about it's ability to take the heat in TX since it's hardiness growing range indicates it is better adapted to colder climates. We would be on the southern end of it's growing range. BUT if you happen to see one at $5 or less once your nurseries open, let me know and I will gladly take a chance and try it here in Austin. Of course, I would pay for Priority Mail also. Actually, we expect upper 30's for Easter morning then a warming trend again - one final attempt by ol man winter to blow our way, but will little to worry about. Otherwise, we have had seasonably warm temperatures since March 1st. They found out about me at our church so I am now head of the Garden Guild and in charge of the landscaping there as well as enjoying my home garden.
    Bob Beyer
    Austin TX, Zone 8b/9a

O.k. Bob, I'm sure I'll be making a trip to the nursery after it opens. They open May 1 here most of them anyways. Although the 'box' stores already have their stock. Mine was just poking up, and then we got 5" of snow. But things will be fine, I'm sure.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

+ Reply to Thread