+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'New job'

'New job'

Wow, can hardly believe how fast time is flying. I just finished my 3rd week of work. I got a job at our 'local greenhouse', the pay is crap, the owners are real gems, the hours are good, and it's only 6 miles from home. But the best part is I have absorbed alot of knowledge in a short while.
    Plus it does my psyche wonders to see all the growing greenery and blooming plants. Yes, there are lots of blooming plants already!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Congratulations Vicki.
    SOunds wonderful. You will learn so much and have fun. I bet you spend your whole check on plants. What type of plants do they grow?
    tennessee sue

Oh I would love to work in a green house, garden center or nursery. You are one lucky gal! How's it going up in Michigan? Having grown up there I really do miss the seasons trasitions especially winter to spring and summer to fall.
    CindeeA

Thanks! Actually they are a mostly annual greenhouse, still not sure how many 'houses' they have, but it takes 5 minutes to walk from one end to the middle where the break room is. I well remember them having 2 'houses' to start with. What a tremendous change the years have brought. They have 6 full time people, and hire as many as 40 for the shipping season. I truly do enjoy it, and my spirits are renewed everyday I go there. I couldn't possibly spend my whole check ( well I could but . . . . . . ) They do have cannas, EE's, and 1st yr. perennials. Some grasses, but mostly 'color pots' and lots of fancy baskets. Lots of flats too, but they are doing big time orders for color pots.
    The weather here is warming up nicely, mid 50's today and sunshine! Yay!!!!! We had a nice day of heavy rain yesterday and through the night. There is still some snow like in the parking lots or deep woods, but not much. Supposed to be in the 70's by wed. That will feel nice, but already know it will be HOT at work.
    Where abouts in MI did you grow up?
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

+ Reply to Thread