+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Page Of "weird Art"!

Blog Entries

New Page Of "weird Art"!

Check it out! Also includes my 2007 Valentine.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Neat. I found some I never saw before. I like the 'folding'/'rippling' effects. And the sharp clear colors: I'm a fan of blues and blue greens.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries

ADDED 3 NEW ONES!

Including this one:

See it full sized by clicking on the image!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Wanted to share this one right away too, and it's close to full size here! Possibly one of my best ones to date! Hey, no brag, just fact! LS!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca, not "weird" I say 'magnificient'!! How do you accomplish this? There are some beautiful colors and each piece has a different feel from serene to riotous. Very lovely, keep them coming.
    CindeeA

Blog Entries
    I've added a few more since "LILY PAD", below is a small view of "UNDER THE SEA". Click on it to go to the full sized version and to see what else awaits your viewing pleasure!

Rebecca

- R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Cindee,

I make these by manipulating "normal" images of flowers and/or fractals. I do use a couple of different programs but mostly I use "Liquib" by Whizical.com where I can either manually distort the images with various filters or configure a group of filters to run automatically at random. When I get the look I want I save the image and then go to Photoshop Elements to add the background, which is a AAA Filter "Foto Frame" in which I can control the color, shading, etc and then I just add a border and color it to match the image.

I also sometimes do some further manipulation with PSE II. Some work out, some don't. The really good ones get up loaded to Webshots or "My Photos", although I haven't been putting too many there and I do put a few on "My Weird Art" Blog.

I can do these in as little as 15 to 20 minutes, but most take considerably longer from start to finish so I only do a few at a time.

Happy to hear you like my "art"! Thank you!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Being a fruastrated 'artist' I really appreciate your art, Rebecca. I keep telling myself I need to get some creative softwear. I used to play with a few of them years ago and always enjoyed it. Since I am not working and just biding my time waiting for surgery next fall, now would be a good time to check them out. Do you know if you can get a chance to "try out" different software packages before buying. Thanks so much for your inspiration and help!
    CindeeA

Blog Entries
    Cindee,

Whizical.com does offer trial periods on all of their software!

I love "Liquib" and also have "Kalieder" and have "trialed" the photo album builder, but can't buy it yet.

There are also many free fractal generators you can download, "Tierazon" is probably the most user friendly and you can really come up with some pretty far out things with it!

As far as free photo editors, try "Photo Filtre" (www.photofiltre.com) as you can do a few things with it and add simple frames. I am not sure is AAA Filters are compatible with it or not, but if they are, those are also freeware. I will have to check to see where I downloaded the AAA Filters from and see what other info I can find on them for you. Of course all you need to do is Google Search for all of these and they should come right up.

Let me know if I can aid your search.

Rebecca

Edited: 2:39 PM 3-2-07

Cindee, check out this link: http://8bf.net/

You should be able to get several different filter plug ins as well as Photo Filtre right from this site.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca you are awesome-thanks for sending me in the right direction!
    CindeeA

Blog Entries
    Cindee,

No prob! Just be sure to share your applications!

Another neat thing about Photo Filtre is it will compress image files for faster loading (up or down)! At least my version does.

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries

iNSPIRATION TIME

This is for you, Cindee:

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Thumbs up

Ohhhh Becca, that is stunning. I am going to try to print it up on good quality paper for my spare bedroom/office. Just lovely!
    CindeeA

Blog Entries
    Cindee,

Send me your e-mail addy and I'll send you a higher resolution copy. You can PM me. Even the Webshots image has been compressed and they don't always make the best prints.

I was rather amazed by that one myself!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca's got mail! Thanks!
    CindeeA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast