+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fax reception problems

Fax reception problems

I am unable to receive faxes since switching from dial-up to Verizon's fiber-optic service (FiOS). Although I am able to send with no problems, neither WinFax Pro (which Symantec no longer supports), nor BVRP's PhoneTools receive the fax. Both recognize the sender's phone number correctly; and WinFax recognizes the call as a fax - PhoneTools thinks it's a voice call. Anyone know of WinFax/broadband issues? Any other suggestions?
    John_NY
    USDA Zone 6/7
    Sunset Zone 34

Problem solved. In case anyone is interested, the problem was not with FiOS. Previously, I had two copper phone lines- one for voice, and one for computer connection/fax. (MY fax is a program on the computer, not a separate machine) When I got the fibre optics, I dropped one line, as I can talk on the phone, and use the computer, at the same time. The problem was with the shared line. (I would have had the same problem if I had a shared copper line) I was told I had to get a Voice/Fax/Modem call processor, or "fax switch". I got one called, "The Stick". I installed it a little bit improperly at first, but their tech support got me straightened out quickly, and now everything works fine.
    John_NY
    USDA Zone 6/7
    Sunset Zone 34

John, Glad you got your problem fixed. I can refer to it if I ever hok up my fax. Right now I have no need for it.
    What kind of exotic beauties are you growing this year? Pictures please.
    sue
    tennessee sue

+ Reply to Thread