+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Arctic Blast?

It was 24 this morning...

They had forecasted 30 for tomorrow mornng, now they say 26!

I am ready, READY, for winter to be OVER!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

I was up at 3:30am, and I checked the temps outside. It was 24, a lot lower than forecasted.

By 5:30, it was up to 29. That's unusual. Right now, it is 30 degrees at 7:30am.

At least, it doesn't appear that the bitter cold will last vey long today. We have a forecasted high of 60 for today, and two more mornings of frost.

Four more weeks to go before our average frost date.

I am READY!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann, I know that is really cold for you down south of me. We re also colder than normal. 28 right now. 17 tonite and 14 tomorrow night. Later in the week we get up in the 50's. I can't wait even if it is suposed to rain when it warms up. We probably do need the rain. I would just love to have one warm (comparitively) day. It would be nice to just walk around the yard and look.
    tennessee sue

Yes, Sue! I am spoiled!

Not quite as spoiled as Cindee, but quite spoiled!

Last night was colder than forecasted. I know that it got down to 29 degrees, and I was a little worried about the porch (no kerosene for the night) and the gh (only floodlights), but all seems to be okay.

It is forecasted for 31 tonight, then we should get back to normal temps, like Bob mentioned, for the next couple of weeks.

I am so, so, so very ready for spring!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann, We are a balmy 21 now. Last night we got a little snow. Just enough to mess up the roads, a couple of inches. I got to ice skate home from work this morning. BUT.. they are forecasting 69 and sunny Thursday. I can't wait. That is above normal for us this time of year.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries

Happy Dance !

http://www.ksn.com/weather

Feast your eyes on this forecast !
    Of course, it is only 40(?!) right now but look what they are promising !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

You guys need to come to Austin for a week. Predicted highs for the next 7 days in the low to mid 70's and predicted lows in the low to mid 50's. Time to get the shorts out again, ha ha! Hope it's not just another teaser. Another month of trepidation to go though.
    Bob Beyer
    Austin TX, Zone 8b/9a

Cool Is it OVER, YET?

I sure hope so. It dipped to 29 degrees this morning, so Bob, we appear to be one day behind your weather. It is now about 45 degrees.

The next week is predicted to be the same as Austin, and accuweather does forecast that the first couple of days in March will dip below 40 degrees. That's too far off to really know for sure.

I haven't been outside yet to check on the pear tree, but from my window, I see that it is still loaded with white blooms. It seems strange that the frost does not seem to bother the blooms, but the tiny pears will fall if they are not large enough to withstand the freezing temps.

It's going to be a pretty day, and I plan to work in the greenhouse most of it...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2