+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I am a "Daddy"

I am a "Daddy"

Maybe this won't mean much to some of u ... but my wife and I are expecting our first children ... well "flower children".

We are very new to gardening and started hardy hibiscus from seed .... started looking for leaves from day one. Seems like it has been forever since we planted them but this morning they started sprouting. Maybe this is "routine" to u but to us .... we are thinking about passing out cigars.

Jim & Myrna Wright

Thumbs up Congratulations!

Now, you are hooked forever!

If you think seeds are fun, wait until you see your first stem cutting starting to sprout new leaves and roots coming out of the bottom of the pots.

Warning! Once you do that, there is no turning back...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Talking New daddy

Congradulations to you both. I know that feeling. I have about 600 new "Children" myself. They are all about 3 months old. They all have their own individual personalities. I am just getting started in the nursery business. I have had alot of fun growing and learning about plants. There are so many things I have learned, especially from Ann. You will enjoy her message board.

Good Luck with your "children".

Beth
    North Carolina

Names???

Beth,

And ... I was trying to think of names for my kids. Boy .. do u have a problem.

I am having a lot of fun .... when I was a teenager (100 yrs ago) u couldn't have forced me to "garden" ... but sure like it now.

thanks for the reply .....

Jim

New Life

This is so much fun! There is nothing more wonderful than creating new life.

As most of you know, my true passion and love is growing from seed. Propagating by cuttings and division came later in life, but I will always tend to go back to the challenge of seed.

There is so much to learn. Please keep us posted!

And thanks so much! We are going to be wonderful friends on this board.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread