+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Too much "Amaryllis"

Too much about Lily family plants

Isn't anyone on this forum interested in anything other than Amaryllis or Daylilies or related plants in the Lily family? I check the new posts daily and all I see are postings on this subject area. Amaryllis, Daylilies, and related plants are just a tiny portion of the gardening and horticultural world. I grow them too but don't overdose on them.

Let's expand our horizons a bit. I'm just about to give up on Landspro because there isn't enough posted to other topics to interest me. The gardening world is way too broad and exciting to be so focused on one type of plant.

Discussion on any other topic would be nice and refreshing.
    Bob Beyer
    Austin TX, Zone 8b/9a

Great idea, Bob! Just pick a topic and if there isn't a subforum for it, then discuss it here. Invite others that you know to join in the discussion.

Some of our members are out of town at the moment or have computer problems. Some are simply not active at the moment and others just show up from time to time.

You can also search through the old post, find an interesting topic and add to the discussion.

Right now is Amaryllis time for me. They are my winter hobby when everything else is asleep. One day, I will have more in the garden, and they will be a topic for later.

Hopefully, I will have more time to spend on landspro this semester. We are now fully staffed with math teachers, so I am not working in overload anymore.

However, it is almost dark when I get home and my greenhouse, porch and patio are filled with lovely plants of all sorts. But I agree. There are lots of topics, so help us out here, okay?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Gee Bob, sorry we all seem inactive, but up narth were I is, everything is "inactive". Ain't nothing doing anything, well except for Amaryllis and daylily seedlings. I have sown other types of seeds outside in pots, but like I said, ain't nothing growing in the middle of winter. I don't even know if what I did plant will grow, so why talk about it and get my hopes up?

If no one else is talkin bout what you want to talk about you can always start a new topic. Never can tell who'll jump in on the discussion.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread