+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New "art Work"

Blog Entries

New "art Work"

I uploaded 8 new works to my Webshots account, if anyone wants to take a look at some weird "art". To think these were once images of daylilies! Just click on the image below to go to the full album.

Enjoy,

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca, How neat. I hope you don't mind I took one for my desltop/ The third untitled one. It looks like someone in the forest. Love it!
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Sue,

You have a very vivid imagination! Perhaps I will title this one "Alone in the Woods":

Or maybe a longer title, like "Alone in a Magical Forest"

Whacha y'all think?

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,
    I think your art is superb! Love it! Every one of them.
    You say they were daylily's???
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Blog Entries
    Vicki,

Yep, they sure were and the even more interesting fact is that most are simply different manipulations of the same source image!

The first thumbnail is from a lovely pink full form Tet and the second thumbnail is from a red and yellow spidery seedling. (I'm talking of the thumbnails shown with this thread.)

I've also been making divider bars and small buttons (matching) that can be used on web pages along with re-sized background images (yet to be made) so that I can have matching "sets" for web pages. I need to look into how best to size background images so they can be tiled into a background for use as a web page. The buttons would need to be added to small black bars so page titles could be added, but that is easy to do and really only need to make one "blank" , then make copies to add text to for each page. I like using the "Contents" tables with the navigation bars better than the simple text links.

There's bound to be a "program" out there for making web page templates and one of these days I'll find one simple enough I can use and will be able to put all elements together as a template for others to use.

What I need to do now though is gather all the various bars and buttons together in one file - they're scattered all over the place right now! Plus add the image the bars and buttons were derived from. I've probably got close to 100 of them!

I've been using one of the programs I got from Whizical.com to do the basic manipulations, which can take some time to do, and I generally save several different "results" and then go from there. The bars and buttons are simply re-sized images where the proportions are not constrained. Sometimes I will use one of the Irfanview "effect" tools to get something with more "balance" and then I've been using Photo Filtre to enhance color and contrast. That's also the program I use when making navigation buttons and the bars. I use PS Elements 2 when adding the different "frames" and to "sign" the images. I can use it to make the bars and buttons as well, but I just like the other program a little better.

I would show you the original source images, but they aren't mine so I won't. I'm sure to have ones from some of my own images and will eventually add them to the album along with thumbnails of the original source images. Might even do a montage to show the "steps" it takes to make the various web page elements. There are at least 6 steps in making the "framed" art images and 3 or 4 to making the buttons and bars. The hardest part for me is being able to actuall see the finer details of what I am noing, so I can only hope these look even better than what I am able to see.

Lecture is over! Watch the album for new items to be added.

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca!

You definitely lost me in all of that, but I gotta tell you that your images are superb! I can think of lots of names for each one depending on my mood, and at this time, my energy level.

LAS!

Can't wait to see more!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries

Cool

Up loaded about a dozen cool, new creations today. Check them out if you're interested:

Some are large enough to use as your desktop wallpaper!

Rebecca

Remember, to get there all you have to do is click on the thumbnail image and that should take you to the new ones.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Rebecca!
    I was going through Palm Beach Interntional Airport this morning and saw a wonderful art exhibition --all flowers ! I just looked it up on the net as they said they would be found there. Unfortunately not all were there. BUT, there is no reason why your art wouldn't stand head and shoulders with, or above those.

http://www.pbcgov.com/fdo/Art/artworks.htm
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    Those were some nice works and I really loved the photography.

Anyone can do what I do as it isn't that hard. I do it to help ease some tension, that that I have any tension in my life! But as far as it being marketable, I doubt it is professional grade.

Of course, anyone here is welcome to download copies of anything you'd like to use on your personal sites, your desk top or even club posters. I've been trying to make a few larger pieces that will make good desk top wallpaper and if I can ever figure out how to use the screen saver program I will see if I can come up with a screen saver program I can burn onto a CD for those interested.

Rebecca

This one is available in 125 dpi and in 640 x 480 as well as 800 x 600 pixils for desk top application as wallpaper.
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Couldn't sleep last night so started another group of "works" using Hem. 'Joan Senior' and remembered to save it to the same file as the base images. I'll probably finish them up later today and up load them to the album. Did 3 (I think) "wallpaper" sized ones that will have to really be compressed so y'all can download them w/o a long wait. May end up with more than the 3 once I finish playing around with them!

Ain't nothing quite like laying in bed, surrounded by 3 sleeping cats and being wide awake.. The really remarkable thing was no one was fighting with anyone else, even Baby was butt to butt with Gabby. I think she's getting senile!

Gabby thinks he's well enough that I should let him go outside. I don't think so! It's only 30 degrees right now, but it has warmed up a smidgen since he started begging to go out! Man, I don't even want to beout when it's this cold!

Hey Ann, have a great day!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries

MORE NEW WORKS!

I've added 5 new pieces to Webshots, but this time I did something just a little different. Instead of using flower images as my base image I made a couple of fractals to use. I did one 3 different aways, two of which are somewhat similar with very little change other than putting a different "spin" to it. I couldn't decide which one I liked the best so I posted them both!

Here's your link:

Enjoy!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    #1 reminds me of abstract autumn leaves; 2 reminds me of an abstract underwater scene--I love the vibrant hot pink in both.
    I love the motion in #4. They are all lovely. What is so fun is that everybody sees something different and some abstract element appeals to something non-abstract in their minds:a feeling or a physical scene. Breathtaking. I also like the frame choices.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    Cathy,

Thank you!

The frames are actually diluted versions of the main image with a complimentary solid color border added. I can balacne the color and the amount of shading as well as depth of color, but I do have to be careful about the size/amount of background, either way (too much/too little) and it is out of balance.

I made 5 base fractal images last night so still have more to work with. A couple just didn't work out the way I wanted them to, so will try those again! Also want to try some different filter techniques and make a couple more that will be big enough to use as PC wallpaper.

Do bookmark the site and check back from time to time. I set up Webshots primarily for my daylily images, but looks like it will have some "different" things too.

I see different things in each piece on different days and I am very pleased that everyone has been able to find their own interpretation to these, I don't title very many because they are so abstract!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread