+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What'cha Want for Christmas?

What'cha Want for Christmas?

I know what I want and need!

A new wheelbarrow, a nice heavy duty one, but not too heavy that it is hard to push.

That is all that is on my list for Santa, although there are lots more things that I could add, this is something that I really, really need and miss having.

What is on your list?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann, I need one of those too. Mine has about had it. It is family heirloom.
    I want a flash drive so I can save my pictures so next time my computer crashes I don't lose them all, Again. Fortunately I can come to this forum and retrieve most of my daylily pictures.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Since my needs far surpass my wants I'll be thrilled with whatever good old Santa brings me this year.

Of course I would like to have plenty of potting soil to meet my daylily and amaryllis re-potting needs come spring ad perhaps enough left over for all the other plants that need to be re-potted.

I'd like to have enough space to grow everything that comes up ion those pots of seeds I sowed outside this fall.

A garden cart would be nice as would a battery powered water pump and enough hoes and couplers so I could pump water up from the creek to water the big bed.

I'd like to have a lot of things, but like I said, I'd be happy just to have all my needs met without having to really worry about it so much. Pretty much what everyone really wants.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

When I went outside this morning, Hunter and I put together my new wheelbarrow, so my Christmas gift came early this year I have been without one for several years, and I was thrilled.

I weeded, dug, picked up broken sticks, pruned herbaceous vines (passifloras, etc.), weeded some more, dug and hauled many loads of debree to the back burn pile. I dug up oak trees, popcorn trees, pecan trees and privet trees and hauled them to the back quarter.

I don't think I realized how badly I missed having a wheelbarrow.

The 65 degree high with sunny skies helped a lot. We are going to have cooler weather for the next weeks, and most likely those to follow.

I still have lots of digging and hauling to do, then it is planting time. I realize most of you cannot do that now due to ground that is freezing, but this is the best time of the year to do that because it is COOL!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Santa brought me a box of lily bulbs from Oregon this week. I bought a bag of cotton bol mulch today and expect to pot them all up tomorrow. As usual, I bought a bunch ! The bulbs are so healthy and some are huge. Scheherizade is at least 8 to 9 inches across-not around--across ! So is L. Henryii ! Awesome ! So that's my gift to me from Santa.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Oh! WoW!

I have never seen one so big, so please make sure to post a picture when it blooms!

Are you getting snow? Anyone getting snow?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    No snow It doesn't come when I'm able to stay inside and enjoy it. Although we rarely have snow that accumulates, it is most likely to appear while I am inside at work. Then I have to trudge through it, in sneakers because we didn't get enough notice to dress appropriately,i.e., bring boots, to my car.And scrape and defrost for 15 minutes before I can get onto the difficult to navigate side roads.
    I would looove to have snow that I could go out and play in this weekend. I have off Tuesday this week and only New Year's Day next week.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Austinites would love to see snow and it was actually forecasted as a possiblilty, but temps are staying too warm so we're just dealing with 2" of badly needed rain for Christmas - at least no frozen stuff (sleet, ice, etc). Keep warm and cozy
    Bob Beyer
    Austin TX, Zone 8b/9a

Yesterday felt warm even though it only got up to the upper 60's. This morning, it is around 55 degrees and feels downright COLD! It is overcast, and we are expecting lots of rain here also. It hasn't made it to us yet, but doesn't look like it will be very long before it does.

There's a chance of frost/freeze Tuesday morning, and it looks like that will be the end to our continual days in the mid to upper 70s.

Winter has arrived, but no chance of snow here (not yet, anyway)...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

We all got what we wanted. Internet! After being 'connected' almost since it became available, the children have grown up with it, and really missed it, but not as much as I did!! I have lots of reading to catch up on!

No, no snow here. Nor is there any in site for the next week or so. Temps will be in the 40's, with lows in the 30's. We did have snow for about a week. Last year I was out digging up the back garden bed. I filled it in nicely this year. Next year hopefully it will look great. I could be out there today, but dinner to fix and the other kids and the grandbabies will be here about 7.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Vicki,

We always miss you when you are not here, but somehow, I always know that you will be back.

Yep! Nothing frustrates me more than NOT having the internet when I get home or when I get up in the morning.,.

Glad to have you back online!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread