+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Under the Weather

Blog Entries

Under the Weather

Just a reminder that it is cold and flu season and to be careful !
    I have been sick since last night: aches and pains and a 102 temp that I'm taking acetominophen for every 4 hours. I don't recall being this sick in a long time. Well time for me to go back to the couch !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    Cathy,

Have hubby get you some home made chicken soup, Ny-Quil and a pint of Crown Royal. Feed the soup to hubby, the Ny-Quil to the kids and drink liberally of the Crown Royal. It won't cure you, but you won't care as you won't be feeling any pain!

Seriously, do try the good old Ny-Quil, liquid seems to work better, but the liqu-gels are a lot easier to take and no yucky taste. "Alive" is good for the joint aches. And drink lots of juice, take additional vitamin C and Zinc too.

Dr. Mom
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Get lots of rest, Cathy!

Take care of yourself, and I hope you are feeling better soon.

There is a lot of the flu-like stuff being passed around here, too. Must be that time of the year, huh?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Wow ! Rebecca was pretty close to what I actually did minus the Crown Royal !
    Temp hit 103 last night and I did the old alcohol rub down. I also realized that bundling up in blankets with a fever is dum.
    Anyway, I'm just under 100 today.
    Will I ever get those daff bulbs planted. Today and tomorrow it's mid 60's; next week back to the 40's. I can't do anything this weekend. I can't believe Christmas is a week away. Hubby is going to have to write the Christmas cards so i don't send bugs along.
    Thanks for the nice thoughts and advice !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Gee! I sure hope that you are better tomorrow. I was so tired by the end of the day, preparing these students for semester end exams next week, that I had to ask a couple of other teachers if I was dreaming that it is really Friday.

3 very full and long days of semester reviews, then two half days of semester exams, and then, then, then, Christmas holidays!

I have a greater appreciation for why teachers need this break, and I pray really hard that I don't catch the stuff that is going around during the holidays. That is awfully nice of you and even nicer of your hubby to do the Christmas cards.

Thank goodness for Germinex. I have gone through a huge jar in the last month in my classroom.

Get well Soon! Very SOON!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread