+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whacky Weather Reports

Whacky Weather Reports

One says that we are now 40 degrees, another says we are 40 degrees, our local site says 33 degrees, but then changed to 36, and changed again within 20 minutes to 33 degrees again.

One forecasts 23 low, another 24 and another 26....

This is the whackiest winter weather I think that I have ever experienced.

I do believe that it got down to 25 here because absolutely everything that melts has melted, but it is not the same at my school. Pandora's Box has been melted since the first hard frost, but at school, they are alive, well and very green. Or should I say that was the case when I left this afternoon.

I am ready for this cold front to pass right on through! I'm not saying that I want hot weather, just not these 'real feels' in the teens.

My friends, please do your best to stay warm and healthy!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

God bless your hearts and souls!

I mean that from my heart. I am indeed spoiled, and I admit it. I don't guess that I mind the ocassional freeze, but this night after night of hard freezes has gotten really old FAST!

How in the world do all of you survive through months and months of freezing weather? The pictures of the snow is so beautiful, and I must admit that it is a lot prettier than what we see around here in the winter, but gee! How do you do it? How do you survive knowing that every morning, you pull out your gloves, put on several layers of clothing and know that you will not see green grass again for so long?

I don't think I have ever had a winter hit me this hard. I waited and waited for so very long for the temps to cool down, then they dropped to record lows so quickly.

I surely hope that everything gets back to normal quickly. They say it will, but I have to tell you that I don't know how you do it.

God bless you all! I have a deeper appreciation for your anticipaton of spring and warmer weather.

Is this an indication of a really hard winter? I hope not!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Whacky? Did I say WHACKY?

It was only supposed to get down to 33-35 in the morning.

At 9PM, it was 32. I looked at the local forecast, and it says 28 degrees low. What a change!

I am here alone. The rest of the crew is at a party. I managed to get the propane heater starter, but it took me an hour to finally get the kerosene heater to light.

Whew! I did it! I can't believe it's getting this cold again!

Wow! How do you all do this all winter?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Wrong forecast, AGAIN!

LAS! At least now, I can say LAS! The joke was on me, and that is not so funny.

The cold front must have ended during the middle of the night. Is that possible? Anyway, it was 40 degrees when I finally managed to get out of bed at 7am.

It appears that we have a week's reprieve from the colder weather.

Gotta go outside and pot up some more 'new' Amaryllis today. then find room for them near some light!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Gee whiz tell me about those wrong forecasts ! Except yours was wrong in your favor !
    It was low 50's yesterday and the pond ice melted. I was tired and figured I'd plant daffoldil bulbs today. Uh-uh! It is windy, cloudy and no where near the predicted 50's ! Those silly weathermen !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

It was really cold (for us) when my first block class hurried to get inside our warm classroom. Since we are talking about data and graphing, we discussed the history of weather forecasting and how much more accurate they are today than in the past. AND how much more there is to learn.

There are simply too many variables and unknowns (algebra talk) to accurately predict, but as more become known, predictions of the future should be more realistic. You should have seen their eyes when I mentioned the time frame that their children or grandchildren will be in high school.

Somehow, they don't seem to be able to think that far ahead, yet we expect them to understand so much in the past (before them).

Still, this has been a whacky year!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

It sure was nice to come home to 71 degrees today!

I think that is because I broke down and bought 2 new pairs of gloves. Go figure...

Just kidding! But I am glad that the weather has warmed up a bit, and we are getting a little reprieve from the cold.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread