+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's with all these Low Temps??

What's with all these Low Temps??

I thought we were predicted to have a mild winter, and so far, it has been mild.

But GEEPERS! I see forecasts that range from 23 to 25 for the next two nights.

Now, I don't know what to believe.

Oh, well! I am as prepared as I can be. I suppose...

Are all of you up north feeling that you are being hit by unusually strong cold fronts?

I'm shivering from being outside and buckling down. I can't imagine how cold you all are...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Ann,

Imagine no more, the low tonight is predicted to be in the single digits. Currently it's 11, but with the wind, it feels like -1.

I have an appointment tomorrow at 1 in the afternoon and the high is only going to be in the mid 20's, but not until later in the afternoon. Oh I am not looking forward to that little walk, not one little bit.

We even got a little snow last night, not much, maybe an inch or a little better and most of it has blown away since everything is too dry for it to really stick! Freeze-dried that it.

We don't usually get this cold until January or February and snow doesn't generally fall here until the end of the month. At least that's how it's been for the last several years.

From what I have heard, there was an El Nino off the Pacific this summer, so this would be the La Nina that generally follows. I really hope it gets over itself soon and we end up with a short winter, because I sure am not looking forward to a long one that's this cold.

Now, aren't you happy you don't live up this way!?!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Last year, this time, I was out digging up and amending my 'new' garden out back!! Still looks and feels like winter here.
    There is another 'winter storm warning' for tonight.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

It's 25 degrees and supposed to be that cold again tomorrow morning.

I'll will definitely be thinking of you all while I am walking to my room this morning. Since I don't own a real heavy coat, I am putting on lots of layers, including a hooded jacket and oh, I have to find my gloves, real quick or I'll be wearing garden gloves.

It's only getting up to 50 here today.

I am not sure I could adjust to the type of cold that you have. I've never experienced it, so I really don't know...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread