+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weird Weather..again !

Blog Entries

Weird Weather..again !

Go figure...it's going to be at least 70 on Tuesday. I have taken the blankets off my plants and they are 'safe' thru next week(lows in the40'). I mowed the grass today. It was a combination of that and shredding up the fallen leaves. I was surprised to see how dry the soil is. We still have ungerminatedseed out there as well as some young seedling grass. We really need to water but hubby hates messing with the programming on the sprinkler so it will be Monday(the programmed day) before the lawn gets watered. I'm going to water plants tomorrow. I also need to pot some up. I also want to move some baby boulders and try to make a sitting bench.
    Anyway, it is hard to believe that it is early November ! I don't have Veteran's Day off like you Ann but 4 days for Thanksgiving sounds mighty good particularly if it stays so warm!
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

It has been raining off and on since around noon. It was storming during our afternoon classes and some of the kids got wet despite the overhead protection. (I'm in an outside room.)

Rain total was 2" and just about right for watering my plants that must come inside this coming 3 day weekend. BTW, I looked at our school calender, and I actually get the Wednesday before Thanksgiving off which means a 5 day weekend. YEAH!!! I need it!

Now, if someone would just tell Frosty to stay away until after Thanksgiving this year, I would be mighty grateful!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Wierd is still happening here!

It was really warm, almost HOT, yesterday. Our temps zoomed to 80+ degrees. Then this morning, it was still warm, but gloomy and dark. The skies were filled with dark clouds. No rain, just a lot of dew on everything.

Then, the sun started coming out and the wind started blowing. And now, it is downright cold out there. Well, maybe 60 isn't cold to some of you, but when that wind is howling and it is 60 AND this morning, you could wear shorts and a t-shirt and be warm...

Well, what can I say? I see that there are no temps below 40 for the next two weeks, and I'm counting on that. I've been repotting and potting for two days now, and starting to move things inside.

But I still have a LONG way to go...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread