+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Autumn in Wichita

Blog Entries

Autumn in Wichita

We are not gifted with Maple trees and do not get the lovely reds and oranges. Yellow is very prevalent. In these photos, the yellow is most likely River Birch, I don't know what the plum color is (it starts out green each year and turns plum durring the summer), across the pond is a flame colored tree--maybe a maple, and way down the pond on the right is a red tree(hiding). Also, note the ducks and geese. 3 photos coming up. #1: A look 'down' the pond. Geese & Ducks on the right;red tree on right. LOL! The pond water is definitely not blue though! But our skies are !
    Attached Images  
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    The first tree(closest to the viewer on the right) is a pin oak that is just starting to turn. It has been spitting acorns and the leaves are starting to turn red and orange. Funny thing though is that it hangs onto most of its leaves even after they are brown and dry. This makes for a very pleasant rustling sound as the wind blows through it in the winter. The next tree is a River Birch. The next one is unknown. Across the pond(the next one) is probably a maple.
    Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    I think the closest one is an ornamental cherry. It gets the most breathtaking flowers in spring(I love it). Behind it is the mystery tree that starts out with green leaves that turn plum colored in the summer. To the left(in btw) is part of the pin oak.
    Attached Images  

Gorgeous!!!

Postcard perfect!!!!

No wonder you have been working so hard to move into such beautiful surroundings.

I love it!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread