+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rain & Cold (ick!)

Blog Entries

Rain & Cold (ick!)

The title about sums it all up. Just got back from grocery shopping in this icky weather. After a nice cup of coffee, I'm headed to the garage to pot up lily bulbs from Rebecca.
    I hope Texas Bob is having good weather today for his open gardens.
    Have a good day All !

I'm back: Potted up more than I expected: mint cuttings, a sweet potato vine cutting , a root bound philodendron, and 4 drinking cups full of baby lily bulblets(regale and interdivisional(lavender frost) and watered the potted lilies (adults) in the garage. Whew !
    Now I'm washingthe sheets that I throw over the outdoor plants when it gets too close to freezing--some got wet in the rain today.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

We've had a lot of rain, and this morning, it was dry and in the 50's, but by this afternoon, it was in the upper 70's. Still, it was nice to be below 80 degrees.

Looks like Fall is finally starting to settle in this area. Temps are supposed to be below 80 for awhile.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of rain coming before the cool temps, but I will not complain. We need the rain...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

More rain today (about 2.5"), and it is still very welcome!

It's going to get cooler which is wonderful because I need to get a lot done in the yard while the ground is damp.

I've got to start making a lot of quick decisions as to what comes inside and what will be planted.

Fall is planting time here, and the time change isn't going to help, but that is okay.

This cooler, wetter weather is nice after a long, hot and dry spring and summer.

Most of you have already gotten ready for winter, but I still have lots to do and very quickly!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread