+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pink-cupped Daffodils

Pink-cupped Daffodils

There are so many big-cupped narcissi on the market. Over the years new cultivars appear and - who will guess that - others disappear.

Like this one - I can not find any information on the web, about the following nicely pastel colored hybrid Monsieur Lebrun which is at least 30 years old. This is the timespan where the little cluster of approximately 10 bulbs is persevering in the front of my old parent's old greenhouse, and providing nice and grossly unchanged performance every spring:

This season I discovered (and purchased) bulbs of a newer cultivar, with medium sized and (I presume) PINK paracorollas - I HOPE so (as regards the color)
    Has anyone experience with these or similar "pink" cupped daffodills?!
    Narcissus "Passionale"

Hans-Werner

Blog Entries
    Hans,

I had quite a few "pink" cupped Daffodils until I was forced to dig them all up this spring and lost the tagging on most of them (faded out). The one named variety I can remember is 'Easter Bonnet', but only Heaven knows which ones are that one, or any of the other pink cupped ones I had.

The only image I have on my hard drive is an oil pastel of a small cupped one that is more salmon than pink.

I really liked the spring Daffodil show I had going one in the back and will miss it for years to come. I have re-planted some of the bulbs and will try to get more of them back in the ground after I get my Daylilies taken care of. I may just start digging hole everywhere and planting as many as I can just to keep from losing any more of them.

I haven't looked at any of the newer ones now on the market.

Rebecca
    Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

I never had any before but I bought a pack the other day at the Dollar Tree (Hans, that is a store where everything is $1.)
    The bulbs are big and healthy looking. 5 big bulbs. I also bought pink and yellow tulips and mixed crocus. I think I will go back and get some more.
    BTW the pink daffodil is Pink Charm.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Dollar Tree ?! I'll have to stop in there. Who knew ? I was at Wally World today but still waiting for those 'falling prices'!!!! (Whatever happened to that ad campaign with the flying smiley face chopping prices). I wanted some Dutch iris.

I grew Passionale 2 years ago at my former house. I cannot recall it specifically. I do know that I loved Daffodil Tahiti because it lasted so long.
    http://www.colorblends.com/DaffodilD...il/Tahiti,85,7
    Sir Winston Churchill is in my top 5 list as well.

As for tulips: White Tacoma(lasted very long)
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

I have some pink cupped daffidols, they are named but
    I just can't remember right now what it is. They were lovely.

I also bought 2 bags of mixed pink cupped daffidols with 26 nice big bulbs in each bag, for 7.99 at Menard's (home improvement store).
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Funny - these 1$- (pardon, 1-) shops do exist in Germany, TOO

Thank you for the informations so far. The mostly discounted pink cupped daffodil here seems to be the "Salome" but I did not buy it hitherto - due to my very limited place. I saw "Passionale" for the first time now and I found its shape more convincing and therefore I simply could not resist the temptation

MY question is - HOW true did or will the pink become pink, respectively
    I found exactly this issue addressed in the GardenWebBulbForum, and there appeared but almost uniquely comments which respired un-fullfilled expectations
    that the paracorolla be sooner fawn-yellowish than pink....

Mine were definitely pink cupped. They were so pretty,
    I love pink flowers.

I like the yellow's too as they bloom at the same time as
    the forsythia bushes, when I see them I know it's spring.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Finally I found THIS advertisement: Narcissus FAITH
    Adorable, but transatlantic

Blog Entries
    Oh Hans ! I wish we could sneak some over to you !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Very pretty! These would be lovely with the new black hycinth that Thompson Morgan will be offering Fall 2007.They are "only" 19.95 a bulb. 16 years of breeding, so I guess they can charge that. I'll have to wait though.
    tennessee sue

+ Reply to Thread