+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GardenFriends

GardenFriends

I belong to a group on Yahoo, called GardenFriends. Have for years now. Well a few weeks ago when I moved the plants from my GF's, the next afternoon had a nice visit with some of the friends off that group. We have alot of people from here in MI, but also friends across the states. Nancy & Tom (co-owners) came from IL, Theresa & Allen (owners of the group) came from Marine City, near detroit and Judy and her friend Kathy came from Muskegon. We had a nice visit. This is not the first time I have met them in person, we have a spring and fall swap (although I didn't get to go to either this year!). They brought plants to share with me and I dug plants for them from my gardens. I gave Nancy one of the brugs I had cause she was brugless.
    I felt like a doo doo cause i forgot to take any pics while they were here. but we still had a great visit and it was
    fun showing them my gardens and sitting out on my 'patio area' visiting.
    I did get some cool new to me plants, 7 different gc sedums, chocolate joe pye weed, vargiated hardy geraniumn, pineapple mint, bergenia, and a huge 'bushy aster'.
    What fun!!!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Vicki, Garden friends are the best kind. I miss my herb group. We had a plant swap every year and it was so much fun. We also visited each others gardens and went on field trips together.
    Enjoy your new plants, and your Garden Friends.
    tennessee sue

That's the hard thing about being so far away from all of you, but I have to tell you that I have learned more from lp members that are from the different areas of the county than I have from my locals.

Vicki, tell your friends to stop by and visit.

Actually, I see lots of people visiting certain threads and I know that someone on Landspro has invited them.

I just wish that they would stay longer...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann,
    There are a few on the group that have joined, Vonny is one of them. I post every so often to invite them or mention some interesting tidbit I learned here. Just the
    other day though Theresa (group owner) posted the link to
    your site saying LOTS of good info here. Of course I agreed
    with her.
    Smiles!!!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Ahhh! So it is you that posted a link to the Christmas Cactus propagation thread. I see lots of guests visiting that one. There are a few others that I see quite often, and I wondered who was referring them. Another that is often visited is the Variegated Spiral Ginger. I need to make some cuttings of that one before it goes dormant again.

How wonderful! Thanks so much Vicki! It makes me feel good to see people visiting Landspro. And it is extra special nice to know that it is my friends that are invited them. That means a lot to me.

You're a JEWEL!!!!

Thanks!!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Vicki sent me this message, and I thought I would pass it along to everyone.

Coop'ing sounds like a lot of FUN, and I don't envy the person who is doing all the work that is required behind the scenes. Do you?

I bet you can get a lot of good deals!

Here is Vicki's PM:

Co-op buying
    Hi Ann,
    Hope everything is going good for you and yours.
    I belong to a group on yahoo called http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BnPCo-opBuying/
    The owner of the group is a friend of mine from GardenFriends. Check it out, might be something you would be interested in.
    Basically a bunch of gardeners go in on orders to be able to get plants at wholesale. Pam divides and ships after the orders come to her. I think it's a great thing for me to be able get 'mama' plants with no minimums.

Thinking of my friends here at Landspro.

Vicki
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread