+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Labels

Labels

I'm looking for something to use for labels, in a laser printer. I want something waterproof, for outside. I understand that pressure sensitive vinyl labels can't take the heat of the printer; it has to be Mylar, or something. I've seen some waterproof laser labels, that come so many to the sheet, but they're expensive, something like a nickel each. I have 20,000 cuttings rooting now and really don't want to have to pay $1,000.00 (plus toner) for labels for them. I don't care if they are individual labels on a sheet, or just one full size sheet. I have a cutter, and can cut them apart. Any ideas?
    John_NY
    USDA Zone 6/7
    Sunset Zone 34

John,

They sale a clear waterproof mailing label that can be used in a printer. I tried them, and they worked. How long they will last in the sun, I don't know because I didn't get a chance to give it a prolonged and documented trial. I was simply using them on scapes where I was doing crosses.

They come in sheets, just like the paper ones. It would require pulling them off and sticking them to a plastic label, but that's pretty easy.

I don't remember what the cost was, but you might want to check around to see.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Great Marker

Just wanted to let some of you know about a marker that has so far lasted over a year on mini blind strips. The marker is made for archiving and has pigment ink. These can be found in the craft sections or hobby stores. The one I have been using has caps on both ends(fine tip & flare tip).
    Steve
    Northport, AL

for sharing Steve

It is always good to hear a recommendation about the ever frustrating and disappearing labels.

Do these markers have a brand name?

I myself use 4B Progresso pencils available in Art shops.
    Abby

+ Reply to Thread