+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WAY OT...my fish

WAY OT...my fish

ok..I am just feeling bad... I had this thought of using my 55 gallon tank to start seeds in this winter...Mind you still lots of fish in it...It was just a thought...

Well tonight my HUGE Angel fish is dying (actually daughter's) She is not happy, I just lost a fish in my pond and now her fish(same daughter, only 10) in the pond is showing the same symptoms...and then to come across this in the house just stinks....

Looks like I am spending my day tommarow cleaning a tank...had to vent..

thanks for listening...

Amber
    Amber

I had a HUGE angel fish once (a long time ago). I had grown it from such a tiny thing.

One week, I had to take a trip for training. I bought the long lastinig food and tried to do everything I could to make sure he would be okay during my absence.

The thermostat broke. The water apparently got too warm He jumped out of the tank, and I was heart broken.

I'm so sorry....
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Had the opposite happen. Ice storm..no electricity...my ancient pudgey catfish(think aquarium not stream) died. Lost all the others as well. Had 2 angel fish that would lay eggs that never would hatch. That was 27 years ago and I still remember.

If it's still alive and 'listing' to one side, it's probably a parasite. They sell drops for the water, but it may be too late. sorry ,,,,,,
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

I'm happy to say that he pulled through, I thought forsure he would be dead by morning, he is swimming around and eating now and actually nipped the other Angel (which he always does) so it looks like he is feeling better. Hopefully it will stay that way..

Thanks

Amber
    Amber

I hope so, too!

People forget that fish have personalities and feelings, too...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Amber,

How is your angel fish doing?

I am actually thinking about setting up an acquarium in my classroom at school. Not this year, maybe next when I feel like it is more likely that I will be in a permanent room.

When I was in college, I studied right next to my homemade, half octagon acquarium. I would take a break when my eyes got tired and watch the fish.

I miss my acquariums, but the cats wouldn't leave them alone...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread