+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Unearthly Hot & Humid

Blog Entries
    the first thing I will do when I get home tomorrow is to turn on my sprinklers.

for some reason, maybe because it's the first day back to school, I thought you were going to finish that sentence with

and run through them !!!!!
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

ROFL!!!

I may feel like doing just that when I get home!!!!!

It's going to be an interesting day to say the least...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

It was 96 dgrees when I got home (feels like 101). My feet were killing me. Homeroom lasted over an hour and that cut into my planning block. Lunch (25 minutes in the middle of class) was busy running to the office and reporting "No shows" that showed up in my class (after homeroom).

It was a good day, and the kids were very good.

Tomorrow is more of the same, and then it is the normal schedule which will be somewhat easier.

No sprinklers for the plants today. I sure hope that the globs of rain that are comnig down from the north of us make it here before desolving.

Otherwise, my plants will have to wait another day.

The dehumidifier that I installed in my room is working wonders. I cannot run it during the day, but it cuts off sometimes during the evening because the bucket fills. We are talking about what appears to be about 1.5 gallons or more of water.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries

Going to Florida for the Cooler Weather

That could be very true !
    I just wanted to mention, before I forget, that I'll be on vacation 8/19-8/29 with no access to e-mail. Cold turkey !
    I'm visiting my Mom; her 88th birthday will be while I'm there.
    She is a hoot. She told me that the other day she wanted to make corn muffins with raisins but couldn't find any raisins. She had a box of Raisin Bran cereal and dumped it out and picked out the raisins and boiled them and used them in the corn muffins. She says she would have picked them out of her cereal anyway. Resourceful !
    No plans; I just go with the flow. Last time I painted her refrigerator. I know she has some arborvitae needing trimming; she says I did a good job last time. Also, need to hang some planters with artificial plants. There is a Craft Fair on Sunday(day 3--vendors should be negotiable by then!).
    I'll be posting til Friday but just wanted to mention why I'm missing.
    Hubby is staying home with the dog and plants. I am trying to place all my plants near the sprinkler heads as I cannot count on hubby to take care of them.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Fortunately, I did get at least an inch of rain last night. Unfortunately, it thundered extremely loud for hours, so I didn't get much sleep. The worst of the storm was to the east of me, but some of the thunder sounded like it was next door.

Cathy, we're going to miss you, but you enjoy the time with your Mom.

In the meantime, keep on plugging here, and we will try to have plenty for you to read when you get back.

Hey, everyone! We have to think of some good ones to surprise her when she gets back. Invite all your friends!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3