My word, sometimes the weathermen just get all wound up !
Last night, I knew a storm was coming and quick got in the shower before al the lightning and thunder started. Well, when I gotout, I knew the wind was blowing much more than normal(for Kansas !). I called out to hubby to switch on the 10 o'clock news. Well, you'd think the world was ending. There was the weatherman telling us to go to our tornado shelters--what ?!
They have these gizmo's now that can pinpoint down to street level and they said a gust of 80 mph had been recorded at the main road intersection nearest to me. Then he went on to say that tree limbs would be breaking and that our windows could blow out and the windows in the newsroom were bowing and they might have to stop the program if their windows broke ! Hubby and I just looked at each other and thought this guy was bonkers ! Yes, the wind was strong but all that other stuff was a bit overstated ! We did bring the dog in but that was about it. Within 10 minutes the high winds were done. While it is true that some places lost power and had tree limbs and trees break, the weatherman really overstated what was happening while it was going on. Anyway, I don't know if this thing(that stretched from North Dakota to Texas) is headed east but get ready for a burst of high winds if it does !