+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Magnificent photos of Queen Anne's Lace

They are first year cuttings from a friend's rose garden. She doesn't know any of the names, she has had these roses for over 20 years. Aren't they wonderful. I can take some cuttings and try to get new babies coming and send you them in the winter when they go dormant?? They are now candellabra producers in that they put out 4-6 buds per stem, really lovely little buds!! Not much smell.......

The wild roses don't have any fragrance but they dry very nicely and look almost the same as when they were fresh!
    Linda

I try again
    Attached Images  
    Linda

Linda,

You need to try to save it to a jpeg file rather than a .bmp. Jpeg or .jpg will reduce the file size and is the preferred method of storing pictures.

Let me see if I can convert it for you...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

It doesn't like the file name. Try renaming the file and not using "\" or the apostrophe in the name.

When I try to download it, it says it does not recognize the name of the file so doesn't know what to do with it.

Can you email me the photo?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Oh, I am hopeless. I don't know the difference from Jpeg to bmp. I will just put them in my Yahoo album and give the link. that way, if anyone is interested they can go and look. It was one of the Bishop's Lace flower heads up close, not really any big deal.....
    But, I shoudl be able to gather up some seeds and I will be happy to share them out to those interested!! It is a beautiful feathery plant and prolific with the flowers!!
    Sorry for all the hassles!!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    I am not sure if this is happening but here goes. I've tried uploading jpeg and it comes out bmp and found a way around it.

My scenario is that I have a laptop that is not connected to the internet so I will attach the smart card reader to the laptop and then save the files(from the camera) on a diskette and then open the diskette with my computer that is attached to the internet and manipulate them as needed. The files on the smart card(that goes into my camera) are jpeg,but I have to size them and I have no problem opening them in Paint and then saving the new adjusted file as a jpeg when I use our main pc. I also can upload without problems.

HOWEVER, when I use my laptop to size them first(rather than my main pc), a strange thing happens. Paint insists on saving it as anything EXCEPT a jpeg—it is just not an option on the drop down menu. There is GIF, BIT MAP(24) or something else. So, I go ahead and save as a (24) bit map(bmp) on the diskette. Then I put the diskette in the main pc and open in Paint and save as a jpeg. Here is where the strange phenomenon comes in. When I try to attach the jpeg, using Landspro attach file, the bmp file insists on uploading. It is maddening. What I have to do, as I use the browse feature, is to adjust the ‘Files of Type’ section of the dialog box(SEE ILLUSTRATION BELOW) using the drop down arrow and choose jpeg. Then, only jpeg files are showing and THEN I select the file. Then, the jpeg file name shows in the attach files box. The weird thing is that I have to narrow the files down to only jpeg files showing in the dialog box ; it doesn’t matter if I use Files of Type: Show All files and I can tell the jpeg from the bmp—apparently the computer gets confused(don’t ask me how) and will behave as desired only if you remove the other choices(bmp) by first telling it to only show the jpeg files.

Another thought:
    Is it possible that your version of Paint is not even presenting you with an option of saving as a jpeg(like my laptop) ?
    What version of Windows do you have ? (98, 2000 ?)
    Last edited by Dazed_Lily; 06-22-2006 at 10:43 AM.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries

Files of Type

Files of Type: location in dialog box
    Attached Images  
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Wow, Cathy, you are way beyond my skills, are you even speaking English?? ?? . I don't even know what I work in as it is the office computer and I don't have administrator privileges so I am cautious about what I try to do. But I will try to look and see what type of files pictures can be saved to based on the screen you sent....that really helps me try to figure out things. Thanks. I will work on this next week. I am off now.
    Linda
    Linda

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2