+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tropical Storm/Hurricane Alberto

Tropical Storm/Hurricane Alberto

It looks like this one may be going on shore just north of Dawn which would put her on the worst side.

Let's hope and pray that she gets plenty of the rain she needs, but no flooding or wind damage.

Looks like it is that time of the year again, huh?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    It's too soon for Huricane season!

Sorry to hear thisone wil be so close to Dawn, but glad it's staying clear of you, Ann.

I just hope there aren't any as bad as last year's were.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,

I hope there is never one as bad as Katrina. I know that all of them are bad to some degree, and some people get hurt and lose their homes and lively hood, but...

I do pray that there will never be another one like Katrina. It was simply too massive and too destructive.

At least we have plenty of warning now. Many years ago, they had little or no warning. Now, we know days in advance, and not only that, we have lots of things that we can do to prepare, like cars to get OUT if we need to, huh?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

I am so glad those of you in the hurricane zone have enough sense to prepare for these things ahead of time. I know some things you can't prepare for but therre is so much you can do. Hopefully everyone learned from Katrina to be ready. I couldn't understand why, with so much advance notice that a lot of people didn't even have gas in their cars, food and water. There was one guy on TV saying he didn't even have formula for his baby. I just couldn't believe he didn't stock up some before the storm hit. This was the next day he said he didn't have food for the baby. I could have choked him. People expect the government to take care of everything, even the basic necessities that we have to have everyday.
    I pray that this year is not as bad as last. They are predicting the east coast will be harder hit this year especially late in the season. I know there is info out there on how to prepare. I just hope people will pay attention. My brother left Florida. He said he just couldn't take another hurricane season.
    Looks like Alberto will bring some much needed rain, lets just hope that is all he does. Ours prayers will be with you all in the path of these storms and we will all be tracking them .
    tennessee sue

+ Reply to Thread