+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Totally off topic: Kittens

Blog Entries

Totally off topic: Kittens

Here is a strange sight from a friend. Her male Papillon dog is mothering her cat's kittens. He cleans them constantly and fusses over them more than mama cat. He even growls at her if he feels she's butting in. How cute:
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dazed_Lily; 06-08-2006 at 09:06 AM.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

How adorable!

Hunter's Taco Bell is a Chihuahua. He doesn't know that he is a dog 'cause there are 3 cats in the house with him and one outside.

I remember when Mama cat died leaving me with 7 hungry kittens to feed. We kept them in a back room and wouldn't let Taco in there, but Taco adored the kittens. He would get so excited when he saw them. I think it was the lonely child sydrome.

Thanks for sharing and bringing a smile. I am studying so hard, and wouldn't you know it, my jaw is swelling. Same ole, same ole problem with a root canal redone twice already.

I've already gone through one set of batteries in my graphics calculator, so maybe that it is a good sign that I am ready for this horrid test.

Quite frankly, I think it is age discrimination when they make you take a test 30 years after you finish college.

Go figure! I needed some warmth and smiles in my life, and I thank you.

Hugs!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

How sweet. Mamma cat has a nanny for her babies. I've seen dogs do that before. My sister used to have a cocker that loved kittens. The Momma Cat would bring them to her to "babysit". My neighbors doberman would get the kittens and wash them til they were soaking wet. She never had pups so I guess this was her way of getting to be a momma.
    Ann, We will alll be thinking of you when you go for your test. I know you are ready and can't wait for it to be over with. We all have faith that you will do well.
    tennessee sue

Thanks, Sue!

As you can tell by my comment, I'm about burned out on studying, but hanging in there until the last moment.

Rest for today, maybe a movie, some time cruising the web, then up early in the morning for a quick review.

It's a two hour test, but they let you use something called a graphing calculator. So, being the computer idiot (nerd, whatever) who believes in taking advantage of available tools, I have learned a lot about my TI-89 in the last few weeks.

Thanks, Cathy for the OT! That is so very adorable and sweet...

Mama and the puppy know they are loved, and that makes a big difference in personality, doesn't it?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries

Thumbs up I Know You Can !!!!!!

Ann, Check out your Hallmark e-card! To see it, just click the link below, or copy and paste it into your browser's address line:

http://www.hallmark.com/ECardWeb/ECV...286M119775536Y

You are a very special friend!!! Thanks!!!!!!!

I can! I can! I can! AND I will! I will! I will!

Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Ann- Update please ? Hope you are relaxing and pampering yourself after all that studying !

Cathy,

By the time I arrived home, I was thoroughly drained.

I arrived early and the hallways were packed. They lined us up down hall after hall after hall. Then we stood for an hour, moving only a few feet at a time.

When I arrived in the room, there was another long wait. There were still lots of people behind me.

Finally, the test started, and after two hours, I wasn't quite finished. I needed more time, but I guessed on the ones that I didn't have time for (read them first, then tried to make a good estimate.

That's 50 very hard math problems in 2 hours.

I don't know how well I did. It takes over a month to get the results. Did I do good enough? I simply do not know. It's awfully hard to relearn 4 years worth of math that you had 30 years ago, much less do it in such a short amount of time.

All I can say is that I am drained. Hunter arrived home this afternoon from camp. I missed him. He has been eating ever since he came home. I know him. He eats everything in the house when he is overly tired.

I have been hauling the water hose around. The sprinkler attachment needs replacement. I was soaked many times, and thought about you dodging your sprinkers. LAS!

We'll see, but I'm glad it is over for now...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Whew ! I'm glad for you that it's over. I cannot believe that they would make you stand in such a long line for so long. I never heard of such a thing. I am also imagining there is no a/c. And waht if you need to use the restroom while on line. Oh boy, that whole scenario would have really frosted my cookies.

I had to take a certification exam 2 years ago and took a multi week refresher class. It is definitely different at this stage of our lives ! One thing I do recall from that exam was exactly how much time I could spend per question and what question number I should be on at any given 15 minute interval. I remember a question where I was calculating a correlation coefficient and spent way too much time on extensive calculations. I left it for the end and when I looked at the potential answers, I realized that I really didn't even have to do any calculations. One answer was a number more than 1(which just cannot be), I knew the correlation was postivie given the scenario and the other 2 were negative, so it had to be the remaining one. They also say that the answer usually isn't "a" or "b". I don't know how much sense that makes.

Hubby and I started a conversational Spanish class today through the Parks dept. It meets 1.5 hours on Saturday for 10 weeks. Went through the alphabet today.

You and I must have been kindred spirits in hose dragging today as I just came in from doing the same !

I'm hoping for some energy to return so I can get more daylilies planted. Some are going to make their maiden blooms in plastic grocery bags !

Enjoy the weekend and Hunter's return !

+ Reply to Thread