+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Update on remote read Thermometers

Post Update on remote read Thermometers

AccuRite Model 00734L from Lowes not worth powder to blow it up. Won't transmit through greenhouse plastic with any moisture on walls. Cost was $25.00.

Went to Wal-Mart last evening and fund another AccuRite Model 00683 that works great - difference is the one from Wally World has a remote sensor that hangs outside the greenhouse with a probe that goes inside. No difficultly in transmition. Probe can even be used underwater. HMMMMMM Like a good idea to keep track of temp in an Aeroponics bubbler maybe??

Best thing is they cost the same normally but the one at Wally World is on sale for $6.00 less.

Both have low temp alarms and I never had to leave my nice warm bed to see if the propane heater and greenhouse were OK.

Gary J
    Last edited by sewfarsewgood; 03-03-2002 at 07:40 AM.

Thanks for the post Gary I think I'll check out Wall mart
    Gene

Thumbs up

Thanks Gary
    I will go and get one of these remote themometers....great idea

Thanks Steve

Unhappy out of luck

Hi Gary
    I am out of luck the two wal-marts that I have do not carry the model you wrote about. All they had were different types made by SpringField...I don't know if they would work or not..it was 29.00 said the remote would work up to 100 ft. But it didn't look like this one could be put outside the GH. It didn't look weather proof to me. I may try looking for it at other stores.

steve

Hi Gary

Did the remote thermometer have an web site or a telephone number ? I would really like to get one of those models you spoke of....
    thanks
    steve

I can get one for you

If you want I'll go and pick up one for you. Send me an email at bearspaw100@hotmail.com and let me know what you want to do. You can send me the money or we can arrange to be paid through my Paypal account.

Talking Remote reading Thermometers

I noticed at our local Wally world they have begun getting their stock in on remote reading thermometers. This is what I bought last year and they are still working. Alarm hasn't gone off in a while though
    Gary J
    Center Point, TX
    Hill Country Texas Master Gardener
    USDA Zone 7B
    AHS Heat Zone 8

+ Reply to Thread