+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First Asiatic about to bloom

Blog Entries

First Asiatic about to bloom

Yay ! My first Asiatic of the season is about to bloom. Actually it's neck and neck btw Rebecca's Enchantment lily(orange) and an unknown one that looks like it wants to be pink or raspberry colored(based on the bud). Yanked out tons of Hummingbird vine so the lilies can breath and get sun.( Never plant that or English ivy they are both nasty invasive pests).
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    My Pixie and Enchantment Lilies as well as the early blooming Asiatic have been holding buds for two weeks now. Should have blooms soon! Means I an tag all these potted bulbs as to color for fall sales! Seems to be a lot of the Pixie lilies over in the seedling bed too. I do know at least one of them is white as it bloomed last year. Going tobe looking rather festive over there with all the hot pink ribbons tied to the stems when they bloom!

Lilies are a bit late blooming here, as were the Iris, but the DLs are really last. Stella should be flowering now, but is just now showing good scapes. Silly weather!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Enchantment won the race followed by Lollipop in second place. Lollipop snuck up on me; didn't even see it coming The raspberry bud that was talking about is till in bud !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread