+ Reply to Thread

Thread: West MI weather

West MI weather

We have had 3 days of rain here so far, and rain in the forcast till wed. The gardens are loving all the moisture, nice steady rain. I'm not going to complain about the rain, as we needed it really bad, it has been extremely dry here.

Need to go take a stroll through the gardens as the rain has stopped for a bit. I think I see my first TB iris out there in the far garden. The blue flax is just gorgeous this year, blooming all over. Hundreds of seedlings but they are so darn pretty I'm leaving them all.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Vicki, Are you also having the cold with the rain? We have had a lot of rain lately but the temps have dropped back to the 50's and 40's at night. Feels like winter again. I've had to turn on the heat a few times. The plants seem to be liking it though and it has been good for my transplants not having to deal with a lot of heat right off.
    tennessee sue

Sue,
    Yes, the temps are cooler, but then again it was unseasonably warm here for weeks. Just a little under 'normal' now.
    I too took advantage of the rainy cooler weather and transplanted a bunch of things into the new garden area I made in Dec. After 4 days they look like they have always been there.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

+ Reply to Thread