+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: redbud propagation

Sue, good to hear from you. I'm glad you're hanging in there.
    I can get plenty of the Eastern Redbud seeds but would love to try some of the white ones. Hopefully I'll have something to trade. Lots of my flowers are setting seeds and I'm going to collect them. I'll let you know a little later what I have.
    Deb

I am still watching those seeds. I picked a few yesterday and they are still not completely ripe. Probably another month. Hopefully by then I will have some other seed to offer. I will keep you all posted.
    tennessee sue

Redbuds

Hi Sue, how in the world are you? I have been working a lot and have not been getting on the garden forums very much. My Forest Pansy redbuds had a few seed pods on them in spring but they are gone now. I don't know if they just fell off of if something got them. I'm disappointed. That's great news about the seeds for the white ones. I'd sure like to try some of them. I have a few small Eastern Redbuds that I started from seeds that I'm going to set out this fall.

Great to hear from you,

Deb

Good to see you back on line Deb. PM me your address and I'll be sure you get some seed from the white one. It has plenty but I am going to have to have a tall person or a ladder. But we will have plenty.
    tennessee sue

I have been reading through the long thread about Redbuds. I could be mistaken but I believe the Forest Pansy is a sport that is only reproduced by grafting, something best left to the professional growers. That may also be the case with the white flowering Redbud. Seed most likely would not produce the same feature and revert to the common species. I have never heard of Redbuds being propagated by cuttings.

Redbuds have such a broad range from Canada to Mexico. Here in Texas, we get to enjoy the Mexican Redbud which has smaller glossy leaves with ruffled edges when the tree is not producing the typical deep pink Redbud flowers in spring. I think this variety has the nicest foliage of any Redbud.
    Bob Beyer
    Austin TX, Zone 8b/9a

Bob, We have been talking about the Forset Pansy Redbud so please Post your comment here/ We would sure welcome any input on the subject. It is a lovely little tree but I have fallen in love with the white flowered one also.
    tennessee sue

The seeds are ready from the white flowered redbud. I found one site that says they purportedly come true from seed. I have another thread on seeds that has the other seeds I have available.
    tennessee sue

Well, it has been three years since this thread was discussed, so I have to know, did any of the cuttings work out, or did the seedlings ever bloom? i think there were a lot of different trials going on here, and I am wondering how they all came out??

Linda
    Linda

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3