+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Was 94 Sunday; 37 tonight(w/isolated frost)

Cathy, The Hardy Amarylis is indeed Crinum Powelii. Got the order today and the bulb is HUGE. It has a 6" sprout so I must try to dig a big hole today. The crinum and amarylis are from the same family from S.America I found out after a little research so I guess it can be classidied as a hardy amarylis. Either way I am excited to have it.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Good Sue ! Anything big and healthy is a welcome sight !
    I am pooped right now and still have to drag myself to the shower.
    Yesterday's gardening started in the afternoon after morning grocery shopping and Wally Worlding(cause some of their things, like fruit, is cheaper). Ripped up more of that awful landscape fabric and tilled much of the area in prep for the daylilies. Later that day I had to get my garaged lilies that were still in cardboard boxes into the ground..did that til I couldn't see because it was so dark out. Started up again after church today. Took about 2 hours. Then found some more bulbs to plant(some very sorry looking liatis). Snuck a nap in in the afternoon but I am still tired !
    Soo much left to do !

It was windy and chilly as the day went on today, sunny with high clouds occasionally. Should be 70/40's til midweek and then 80/50's thru the w/e with no rain predicted. Good cause I gotta plant !
    Last edited by Dazed_Lily; 05-14-2006 at 08:08 PM.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2