+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Storms abrewin'

Blog Entries

Storms abrewin'

Looks like the thunder storms predicted for tonite are rollin' in. Winds are picking up and it is getting cloudy.
    Wanted to do some gardening but I think not !
    Rain Rain come my way don't rain too much and come today !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Thumbs up It's About TIME!

I've been doing the rain dance for ya!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Thank you !!!!!! Now do you have a photo of that ?!
    I'm just sitting here torn between tilling up a spot for the foxtails,etc , etc and just waiting and watching(outside) for the storm. Oh, and I'm posting,too. So,I probably don't really want to do that gardening soo badly after all.
    Thanks again for the rain dance !

Blog Entries
    Wow ! Golfball sized hail came down shortly after 7 AM(glad I was still home and not on the road). What a sight, what a sound !
    Thunderstorms have been lumbering through since late last night and should continue through the day. Some wind gusts up to 70 mph last night. It was 94 yesterday and is forecast to be 37 Tuesday night. We had our whole house fan on last night which pulls cool air in from outside and when the storm came in with the strong winds it started sounding funny and we realized that the storm system was pulling air out of the house(the vertical blinds were getting pulled outward) and we quick turned it off.
    Our 2 new trees made it through the high winds and hail ! Yay ! No wimpy trees here; they came from Oklahoma(similar weather) and sat in a WM parking lot for a couple of weeks—that’ll grow hair’ on their little tree ‘chests’ !
    Looks like we got some decent rain so far and hope for more ! Storms should continue til evening.

We have rain about everyday. I am falling behind on outdoor work. It is nice out now but supposed to have showers later.
    I am amazed the hail did not damage your new trees. Sounds like you are getting a lot done planting all your new plants.
    I am going to get out before it starts raining again.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Getting ready for Round 2 of thunderstorms and hail. The tornado warning siren went off right before dinner-15 minutes ago-around 5:15 ,but there is no sighting just the right conditions. People here are so complacent. Ican hear a lawnmower even though the sirens are howling. Actually, the area of concern is to the south of where I live but the sirens go off across the whole county. I can hear the weathermn on TV saying "torrential rain"--oh great ! Round 2 will probably try to accomplish what Round 1 didn't. Lots of broken car windows this morning !

Got both my daylily orders today and I'm still unpacking. FAN-tastic bonuses ! I'll write later on the Daylily Forum !
    As Rebecca says Later Taters !

+ Reply to Thread