+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advantages of Droughts and Good News

Advantages of Droughts and Good News

Did you know there were any?

Well, for one thing, I have been able to store my potting soil outside with no fear of it getting drenched. That means no hawling it back and forth every time I use it. This is what I have to do in the summer when we are threatened by daily afternoon thunderstorms.

The good news? We have thunderstorms rapidly approaching from the west. Those are typical of what we get in the summer time. They hit Houston one day and the next day, they are here.

Better get outside and move that tub of prepared mix as well as the bag of unprepared. They are going to the old gh which is easier for now. I hope to do some more potting up tomorrow, and taking some cuttings on Sunday. The temps are supposed to drop back more toward normal.

One thing for sure, Rebecca's and Laura's daylily seedlings in the old gh haven't seemed to mind the heat at all (almost 100 F). Of course, they have been misted every day, sometimes more than once per day. Thirsty little growing babies!!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Well, most of the storms passed us by, but we did manage to get a little less than an inch, and the temps have dropped dramatically.

I am pleased, but it would have been nice if it had rained during the beginning of my days off instead of at the end.

I won't complain. It's nice to walk on grass and weeds ( ) and not hear a crunching sound.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Oh please send us some rain ! It is in the 90's today--not upper 80's as we were told. The only chance of rain is to the east of us later today--darn it. I'm waiting until late afternoon to go outside to work. Have to plant those 2 trees.
    Too hot; too dry; too soon !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread