+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Indy Hail and tornados

Blog Entries

Indy Hail and tornados

Saw this on TV; hail stones broke windows. Rebecca, how did you fare ?
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    Sorry I am so late in replying, things have been stormy here and I ain't talking about the weather.

Weather wise, we got some wind, lots of rain and a little bean-sized hail. Lost power for 20 - 25 minutes and I fell asleep in my chair and slept there all night and appearently half of the day.

When I fianlly got to moving around I found a note on the back door telling me that the neighbor was going to be taking over his half of the yard and that if there were any plants I wanted to move I had better do it because he was going to start doing it himself tomorrow. Long story short, we have had a discussion and beds will be removed in the next 16 days and other areas will be taken care of as well. I have no place to put most of the plants, so they'll get potted until I can do differently. DAvid, my neighbor to the north of me has said he will help where he can and has said I can use his little side yard if I need to. It's mostly shade but will work as a holding area.

I ahve been fighting a full blown panic attack or break down, one of the two, and it has been rough this evening to say the least.

I need to find a quick way to get a lot of potting soil - neighbor thinks I can just use the dirt in the yard - I did find a source close to home, but can't call them until Monday. Sure would be a lot easier if I could just go to Wal-Mart and get what I needed.

I will try to keep y'all posted, but I doubt I'll have much time for the Internet for awhile.

Pray for me.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,

Common courtesy says that your neighbor should give you more notice than that. Perhaps you could ask him to allocate time for sections of garden to be cleared per week.

I think that right about now, all of us are wishing that you lived closer or on a farm so that you wouldn't have the space probems.

I don't have any advise other than that even though I wish that I did. Tears came into my eyes when I first read this. You are sure having a hard year.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Woke up early, felt like so much dog doo that I went back to bed!

When I fianally got in all my sleep and got up things looked a bit brighter. Guess I worked somethings out in my sleep. I started digging the lilies up today and the species Iris. Have only 3 or 4 plants left to dig from the south patio border and a few others in the old perennial bed. Found a place for my FLowering Almond, fortunately it doesn't have to be dug until it finishes blooming. Jon let me know today, because I asked, that the Butterfly Bushes won't have to be moved as he will shorten the bed to juist 18 inches deep. I'm still not sure what to do about the two Clematis that are on the arch over the sidewalk. He says they can stay, but he also would like to build a sturdier arch/arbor. For now though, they are safe.

Speaking of Clematis, I was quite surprised to find new growth coming from the roots of my 'Durchess of Edenburg'. When I checked it a few days ago it looked to be gone!

Moved two of the potted ones yesterday. One isn't doing so good, but the other one, 'Lilac Wonder' is doing great. Silly thing had sent roots through the bottom of the pot. Anyway, I set it next to one of the Red Bud samplins I've allowed to grow and will let the clematis grow up and into it. LW ia an early bloomer so will look quite nice in the tree. I had move 'Snow Queen' to the back of the holding area earlier and it is already twining up the sheppherd's hook. The Weigelia is getting in it's way some so I will have to trim it back to keep SQ from getting tangled up in it.

We, the neighbor and I, had a nice little chat this evening, they even brought me dinner. They are trying to be better neighbors. We shall see how things go.

Ella (pony) had mentioned that this might prove to be a Blessing, and you know, she's right. That's just what it is turning out to be.

Now if my back holds out and nothing else happens to throw things out of balance, this just might turn out to be and enjoyable experience.

The time factor has been extended and since we are communicating, I don't think we'll have a problem with getting things done in a timely manner.

Lemon-aide, anyone?

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread