+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If you enjoy bird watching...

Blog Entries

If you enjoy bird watching...

Found this on another message board courtesy of Kaye F.'s post.
    It is just too awesome not to share with as many people as possible who have a special place for birds in their hearts:

http://www.infotecbusinesssystems.com/wildlife/

This is really great: a live cam on a Bald Eagle nest on Hornby Island, Vancouver BC. I have read that both the male and female will tend the nest and also call to one another, so be on the lookout for that ! Not to mention the activity when the chicks hatch !

This is a live video/audio feed available 24 hours a day. Due to bad weather, the live feed may be intermittent during the course of the day. If this happens, restart your stream.

Windows Media Stream is recommended and can be launched from the Windows Media Launch icon to the right side of the cam screen.

Sometimes when they have video problems they will replay previous footage.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Cathy, How cool is that. I have been watching an eagle on the nest looking around. I can see the wind ruffling her feathers. I definately bookmarked that one. I needed a new hobby didn't I?
    By the way the red yarrow seeds you sent me are already up. I am so glad as I lost mine.
    tennessee sue

I saw the eagle fly off the nest today. There are 2 eggs. When she returned she worked hard at settling herself just right on the eggs.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Oh Sue ! You are so lucky to have caught that ! That's just the best ! I haven't seen either eagle(not that I can tell one from the other) leave the nest or stand up to reveal the eggs. This is so fascinating and the people who set up the eagle cam are amazed at how people around the world are really enjoying this !
    Last edited by Dazed_Lily; 04-05-2006 at 05:53 PM.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread