Thread: New Eye Candy!!!

Blog Entries

New Eye Candy!!!

LAKE EFFECTS:

NEW FRACTAL:

I call this one simply, "Snail".

Enjoy,

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Absolutely beautiful. Is that a hydrangea? What is it. I gotta have one. I like the lake effect better than any of the others. It's a shame you can't hang them on the wall.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    I call this one "Information Super Highway"

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Sue,

That first one is annual Candy Tuft, one of my favorite annuals, first becasue it is so pretty and secondly because it re-seeds itself! It gets 12 - 18 inches tall and up to 18 inches wide, if not crowded, but like that ever happens here!

Gald to liked it.

I think the one above would be cool on a black tee-shirt! Especially with the title on it as well.

Rebecca

PS: Best way to view the Lake Effect one is full screen (F11 on most computer keyboards). Here's another, it's TB Iris 'Violets Rings' first done as an Oil Pastel:

Oops, guess I didn't put the effect on the oil pastel!
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca, I thought all candy tuft was white. I love that pink. I feel stupid thinking it was a hydrangea but close up it does look like one.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Sue,

Don't feel bad; it does resemble a hydrangea!

The annual candy tuft I've been growing has flowered mostly lavender, pink and white and a few have been purple. I beileve the perennial form Iberis does only come in white. I had a small plant of the perennial form, but it was in too much shade and finally died out. When well grown though it is beautiful, even if it does like to get out of bounds.

I may have put a few seeds from the annula candy tuft in your box, can't recall. I know I didn't harvest very many seeds last fall, there weren't many as I had kept the few plants I left dead headed so they'd bloom longer. Guess I ought to go look and see if I still have some seeds so I can sow them in the daylily seedling bed; beats the heck out of weeds! Then I can let more of them go to seed so I have plenty to save this fall, Who knows, I might even collect by color and lable them that way! Maybe not.

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Ohhhh! That is so very pretty, and I also immediately thought 'hydrangea'.

Candytuft is one plant that we never seen sold here. The bearded iris are also rarely seen except for in bulb form. That's because they are not easy. I have grown them, but you don't see the huge clumps of them that you see up north.

I don't think the iris like our heavy rains and highly acidic soils, so I sort of gave up on trying to grow them, for now....

Thanks for the pics!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread