+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Got A New Toy!

Blog Entries

Got A New Toy!

I posted over at Tink's and something didn't work quite right, so I'm hoping it works right here!

Anyway, it's a neat little program that adds animation - "lake effect", and I thought it was pretty darned cool. Super simple to use, but you have to remember that it will increase the overall image file size. I didn't think of that, so most of the test images I did are too big. I may try to upload a couple to one of the Blogs to see if the animation comes through there.

This one is uaing and oil pastel on linen of one of my Siberian Iris, hope this works!

Rebecca
    Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca, It worked! That is so beautiful, the oil painting is fantastic but the lake effect is amazing. You have so much computer skills. You should try to find a way to use it to your financial advantage. Keep the pics coming, I love them.
    tennessee sue

Rebecca,

That is awesome and such FUN!

I took a trip over to Tinker's to invite them here to see a preview of your blog.

This computer technology is magnificent, isn't it?

Way to GO! Maybe I could take some pictures of my pond frogs when it decides to STAY warm for a change, huh? Wouldn't that be cool?

I do love my critters, almost as much as I love my flowers. Well, not near as much, but I do, just the same.

Fascinating! Thanks for sharing...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Ask and ye shall receive!
    Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Looks great!

Hi Rebecca, Its working correctly here. Congratulations, thats so beautiful!

Rebecca,

They are spectacular!

Now, if you could figure out how to set them up as background or a screensaver, don't you think that would be fantastic. You could just sit by your screen and watch the ripples roll...

BTW, I don't set limits on image size and won't unless it becomes a problem. So far, it hasn't...

Thanks for posting the link. I do want to try some photos with this effect this summer.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    I tried to post a reply yesterday, but ran into problems.

I really like this little application, it's a lot of fun to play with, but you have to be very careful about how many "images" you use to create each image effect. The more "images" you use the larger the ehd file will be. I know, because I have several that ended at better than 1 MB, way too big to post anywhere.

I'm going to re-do these so I can post them here as they really did turn out nicely and I want to share them! I also want to put them on my Photobuck Album, so they can't be over 517 kb! I will still have to remove some of the other albums there to have disk space, but that's okay, I'm sure there's enough older stuff I can delete!

I'll be back!

Rebecca

PS

Ann, I can make a background for you, just let me know you screen size (in pixels!).
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Oh, Rebecca, those photos are really neat. Thank you for sharing! And I cannot yet get my digital pictures out of my camera unless I go to Walmart. Oh well......maybe someday I will figure out the memory chip thing.
    Linda
    Last edited by lbfoss; 03-23-2006 at 10:46 AM.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    I made a few new ones, and in a size that will work here. Unfortunately, my monitor is going out so I won't be able to tell if they are coming through right or not. Don't see why they shouldn't though!

This is one I tried to show yesterday, but it was way too big.

Rebecca
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    And here's another one! Mind you, these are still large files so those of you on dial-up might not want to wait on them, although I think they are worth the wait!

Rebecca
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Since my monitor has somehow been "fixed", perhaps a self-healing took place, don't know, don't care. Will it last. . . who knows! Anyway, since the two images I posted last night turned out so well, even though I couldn't see them properly then, I thought I'd post another piece of eye candy tonight.

Enjoy!

Rebecca

Ann,

I have this one in background size, actually a tad bigger, but it should work nicely. I can email it to you, file size is 836 kb. The one being shown is 505kb but done at 90% of the original image . I had to do the BGK image at 40% so most of it would fit, so there isn't as much "lake" on it.
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,

I do know that I have more space in reserve that I am paying for, but I need to check as to how much. For now, I think we are okay, but if the site starts complaining, just be patient with me until I get the limits set higher.

Very nice, and I do enjoy the special effects! Pretty, pretty, pretty... NICE!

Thanks!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Huh? Whatcha talkin about? I want's going to post the background image here, too darned big and folks would only get flustered trying to see it all! That's why I downsized a copy of the original so I could put it here!

I'm going to try to work on the Photobucket album and see what all I can get put there w/o going over my limit, but I'll have to watch the bandwidth there. Too darned bad I can't get the Bolg to show the animation, that would be the perfect spot to display them.

Here's a smaller one I made using one of my Siberian Iris seedlings, then I'm going to lay off for awhile - and probably work on some other "art"!

Rebecca
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread