+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Planning to Sow Seeds on March 1

Planning to Sow Seeds on March 1

Okay,

This is what I am getting ready to sow tomorrow. First of all, Vesper Iris, and Yes, Rebecca, I haven't forgotten that I promised you some seeds. You are going to get some baby plants this year from seeds that I sowed last year and one division of the original as well as some seeds to try.

Here is my list:

Crocosmia (from Laura)
    Daylily special seeds (from Laura and Rebecca)
    Vesper Iris
    4 O'clocks (some collected, some purchased)
    Cranberry hibiscus (hoping they are still good)
    White Star Hibiscus (from Bob in Austin, TX)
    Ray's Red native hibiscus
    Dinner Plate hibiscus (some grown from KathyPat's seeds)
    Linda's White Star zinnias
    Dahlia (collected)
    Scarlet Milkweed (collected)
    Brunsfelsia, Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow (collected)
    Clematis (from Rebecca and collected) will go outside for awhile and may have to go back in the frig.

I will start more when I make more room in the old gh.

I think it is called old fashioned spring fever. It was 72 degrees and absolutely gorgeous today.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Oh!

Almost forgot! Dutchman's Pipe... I really enjoyed that one last year. The seed pods are also quite pretty.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann, I hate to be a bum but I would love to have some seed from the scarlett milkweed and dutchman's pipe if you have any to spare.
    I will look and see what I have. I know I have some pink milkweed seed I collected last fall.
    tennessee sue

Oh, Sue!

I have plenty of both. Can't say how viable the Dutchman's pipe seeds are, but they are only a few months old. I'll just send you lots.

The pink milkweeds that I have seen on the internet are absolutely to die for. That would be perfect.

Do you have a place for the purple lady banks now? Let us know how you are doing.

Please send me your mailing address so that I can get the seeds ready tonight and in the mail tomorrow. I'll package them well in case you get a freeze/frost.

I am also sending some seeds to a few other members tomorrow. The packages are ready, just have to get the envelopes ready, then to the post office after teacher work day. (If we don't go off somewhere for lunch, they let us leave early.)
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread