+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Katrina and the Lost Sunken Ship

Katrina and the Lost Sunken Ship

I really didn't know how to title this, but I thought you might enjou reading the article, but most of all looking at the video which was taken on Dauphin Island and show a little bit of the reason why I do not garden much down there.

Pure white sand and the lost 1900's ship...

http://www.wkrg.com/servlet/Satellit...21news%21local
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    I enjoyed reading that. Gee, I get bent out of shape finding glass shards in my soil, but, golly, that's nothing compared to 'finding' part of a ship !
    I also looked at the other links and enjoyed reading about the history of Mardi Gras, the Municipal rules and the most recent parades. I just never knew all that !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Cathy,

Did you click on the video? It showed how white the sand is on the beach. The house in on the west end, so it sits on 8-10 foot pilings. That's how such a large piece of ship could be under it.

Mardi Gras is one continuous party here for the next week or so. I wouldn't even think of venturing downtown for the parades, but many do. Then there are the various Mardi Gras balls.

Me? I'm just glad to be off for a week. I'm making a list and sort of overwhelmed as to where do I start first. It's going to storm all day tomorrow, and after that, the weather is supposed to be cool and decent.

Mmmmm... I think I will just relax some tomorrow, clean house, move plants around in the patio, water everything real well inside there and dream about spring around the corner.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread