+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Limited Edition "greeting Cards"

Blog Entries

Limited Edition "greeting Cards"

I have a post on the Daylily Forum under "DL are in at Wal-Mart", but thought I should start a new thread on it so it could stand alone.

The premiss is to print blank inside greeting cards using selected images I have re-created as watercolors and oil pastels as well as using selected fractal imagaes I have created using the various programs I have for that purpose.

Saandi, in response to your reply to that original post, if I do go to E-bay (doubtful, but always a possibility) or any other aauaction venue, I will be sure to specify that these are "Limited Edition" and limited printing runs.

As for pricing, I have seen prices for such "homemade" cards at anywhere from $7.99 to $12.99 for 6 assorted cards. I figure mine are worth at least $9.99 for 6! My "wierd art" selection would not be marketed as such, but as what they are, in this case, 'FRACTALS'. Of course there is also a possibility that a few of my better "Linear Art" designs could aslo make it into the graphic selections. These would fall into a whole new catagory I would call "Digital Art" and would include the Linear designs aas well as the images created using "Kaleider" and other image manipulation programs.

I already have two types of card stock on hand, both from Avery, both ivory in color and both "half-fold" types. I have printed a few "test" cards and they look really good.

As for adding a copyright notice, I can do that with Irfanview most easily, although I have used other editors to do this with very good results, only Irfanview allows me to use the copyright symbol!

I downloaded a new program just for adding various "masks" to some images to give the effect of having the edges fade/soften into the card stock color and not have to have sharp lines. Also comes in handy when the image size just doesn't work quite right with the card size!

I wanted to go through CAFE PRESS, but I can not get my images to the resolution they want and still maintain a clean , sharp image. So they are kind of out of the picture for now. I would love to be able to go that route and offer my images on several different items andnot just greeting cards. Some of the fractals would look awesome on black T-shirts!

I need feedback, lots of feedback!

I'm going to post a few images I feel would work nicely as greeting cards. I've resized these so they don't take forever to load on dial-up and so you can see them w/o scrolling all over the place!
    Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Here's one of the fractals:
    Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Just one more, this falls under "other type of flower".
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Rebecca- Yes, yes, yes !
    Our Lawn & Garden show is coming up soon(3/3,4,5); the Daylily Club will have a booth. I will ask if our booth can sell anything or if it is all 'informational'. This might provide a nice little small scale test market. People tend to buy anything that's not tied down at the Lawn & Garden show. I will check as I'm not sure.
    Like you, I have other ideas as well.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    Do let me know in time to be able to print up a few "batches" of Daylily cards to send to you. E-mail me privately with what you find out!

Not being affiliated with a local club can be a limiting factor, but. . . sometimes we don't have a lot of choices of where our money goes and club membership hasn't been very high on my list of priorities for awhile.

Rebecca
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    H. 'Made in Dixie'
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,

I don't know if I have any images that are good enough for you to use, but you have my permission to try if that helps.

Have FUN and GOOD LUCK with this venture!

Cool!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread