Daffodils....

Yep! I see some peaking up from the earth, and I know they need a dormancy period. But how much cold dormancy do they really need? Granted, they haven't had much cold this year. And, yes, they normally come up earlier here.

Paperwhites have started to bloom. I have to tell you this, and please do not frown when I do. I had to dig up a few when I was moving a Toad Lily that no longer had enough shade due to a downed tree. I didn't have time to plant them, so I just left them there. There were only a few. I suspected they would die in the open heat of the summer. But they didn't. Mysteriously, they are also no longer on top of the soil. They managed somehow to bury themselves and they have beautiful green leaves, some of which are coming up from under St. Augustine grass which spreads like crazy.

I believe it was Rebecca who once mentioned this phenomenum (spell?). Ie., bulbs that actually pull themselves deeper into the gardens.

Could it be? The wonders of Mother Nature and the ability to survive never stops amazing me....