+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Foster Furkids

Blog Entries

My Foster Furkids

They're a month old now and the black and white one had his frist go at solid food this evening. A couple more weeks and they'll be off to their next temporay home, and hopefully to their permanent forever homes.

I really like the little calico baby and if I didn't already have more kitties than I know what to do with, I'd keep her! Still need a home for their mother and the two orange adults I've been caring for.
    Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Here's a better view of the little calico:
    (That big orange face in the background is Rusty, so nosey!)
    Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    'Calico'/'Callie ?' is cute ! I'm also partial to the orange one ('Marmalade'?) as I briefly took care of an orange one years ago. It was a kitten at the time. Great pix ! They look like a handful !
    Last edited by Dazed_Lily; 01-06-2006 at 09:29 AM.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    All right now, don't go naming them! Naming them makes it harder to part with them! I find I'm having a hard enough time deal withthe fact that they aren't going to a permanent home when they leave here, but to another "Foster Mom". See, I AM getting attached! Darn, I don't want that happening!

Another image for you to get "mussy" over!
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Oh, Gee!

They are adorable, and they bring back lots of memories. It's hard not to be able to keep them, but I think at some point, it is even harder to keep them because there is no way to give them enough love and attention.

They are precious!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries

FURKIDS LEFT THIS MORNING

to go to their next foster home where they will stay until they are adopted by good indoor only forever homes.

It was not easy letting the little calico go either. Especially since she started hanging out on my lap or the arm of the chair with me for the past 4 or 5 days.

Still have the mama, she'll be getting fixed son and as soon as I can get somepictures taken of her and Rusty, Xandra is going to see if she can find homes for them, even if only foster homes.

Seems odd not having the babies under foot, also seems a lot quieter.

I hope it's a very long time before some other jerk dumps a pregnant cat on my door step. This is too hard to do very often.

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

My Heart Goes Out to YOU!

Rebecca,

I do understand that feeling. It is so hard when they have to go, and they are so cute, so little, and so in need of love and attention especially from the "Mama" that took so much care of them.

I truly hope that these new foster homes will provide them a means to a permanent home. Cats are quite spectacular animals. They do learn the rules, as long as they are taught the rules and the rules are consistent.

I love my little ones, but they do not go in my bedroom.

NOT me! I adore them, and they know it, but my sleep time is mine, and my bedroom is mine, so they don't even try.

Hubby just needs to figure that out, huh?

Good kitties... They just need to learn the RULES, like my kids at school, huh?

Persistence is KEY!

God bless you for giving these kittens a good, loving start. My heart goes out to you for having to give them up.

That hurts! Wouldn't it be nice to have a gigantic farm?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Rebecca- You are always have an appropriate prayer for us. Here is one for your furbabies(borrowed song lyrics but appropriate nonetheless). Special graces will come to you for taking care of these little ones.

Let this be our prayer
    As we go our way
    Lead us to a place
    Guide us with your Grace
    To a place where we'll be safe
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    Ann,

They all wnet to the same foster home and will be well cared for there as she finds just the right homes for them. I am not worried about them not getting the proper care or plenty of attention and affection

Kathy,

Thank you, that was very sweet and Amen.

"All creatures, great and small. . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .the Lord, God, made them all."

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread