+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eye Candy!

Blog Entries

Eye Candy!

Thought I'd share some of my newest creations with y'all, it's that "weird" art thingy I do and tried something a bit different today. Hope y'all enjoy the show,

Rebecca
    Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Not quite as distorted:
    Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    . . .
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    . . . . .
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Last one for now:
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    I lied, this is the last one for now!
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca, you have a number of really beautiful pictures you have done in this fashion, as well as some lovely straight photos of some of your flowers.

I know money is tight, but if you could print and mat a limited number in two or three different sizes, I believe you could sell a great many at the summer craft shows as well as the fall craft fairs. I realize it would take some money to get the paper and the mat boards, but you could probably get some from the wholesalers. Check out the ads in an art magazine. The biggest barriers to these are quantity. If you stuck to 5x7", 8x10" and the next size (may have to go to Kinkos for the larger size) and did them all in a white, near white, or very pale grey mat. Name them and sign them, possibly even number them on the mat . Get two or three made very large for display purposes.

Don't be afraid of putting some hefty prices on them. Maybe some of our friends on this forum and others can make suggestions about pricing. If they are high enough, people will take you seriously and feel they are getting "real art". Of course, we all know they are real art, but I am taking marketing here.

As you see how the market goes, you might consider opening a store on e-bay or doing some kind of web marketing. I don't know a lot about that, but know you could get all kinds of help from our friends.

Make some of these available for computer backgrounds at an even heftier price, selling them possibly licensed and transferred by e-mail only. If you are wondering just how far this can go, look in any of the gift catalogs that have come in the last three months and watch for Thomas Kincaid. He has turned licensing to a fine art in itself. Get the names of some of the fabric companies, send a small portfolio with your copyright all over them and see if they could be interested. Some of your pix I've seen, I would love to have for quilting purposes.

You have a real talent in this area with an extremely good eye for color and form. I will pray for you as I often do, that seed money will come in for this project.
    Sandi
    SE PA, zone 6b

How cool Rebecca! Sandi, has some good advice there. I think they would sell nicely too!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Blog Entries
    Thank you, Ladies!

I have thought about using some of my images and computer creations as greeting cards, the "all occasion, blank inside" ones and offering them for sale on the Lily Auction and/or E-bay, but have not been able to for obvious reasons. The same with 5x7 to 8 x 10 prints.

Yesterday I splurged and bought myself an early Christmas present and downloaded (and paid for) the "Liquib" program that I had tried out a couple of months ago. While on the Whimsical site I was reading about a new program they have for archiving digital images into "albums" and they also included a program for making screen saver programs that could be burned to disk and shared. I had sent Ann a collection of backgrounds I had made several months ago, but you could only load and use a single image at a time. With this program you can share several images, in a slide show type display, as your screen saver. (Which is different from backgrounds or wallpaper). The price wasn't very much, either $22 or $24, can't recall, but I'll have to wait on getting it.

There are also various on line places where one can order prints, I'm thinking HP even offers a service that lets you chose various types of art papers. I'm sure there are more on line companies that offer this service as well as one who do greeting cards.

All of these are things I have looked into or would like to look into as a possible source of income. In fact I happen to know someone who does do the greeting cards! Guess I ought to write to her and ask how she does them. I've received one of her cards and they are very professional.

I love you guys; you never fail to give me inspiration!

Here's one of the latest computer art pieces I've done:

Rebecca
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries

KITTENS!

I think I mentioned (in another thread) about having taken in a pregnant kitty several weeks ago, well, she delivered 5 healthy babies this evening! I'm a "grandma"!

She had been in labor since yesterday evening by the way she was acting and when I couldn't find her this morning I had to get down on my hands and knees to look under furniture for her. She was under the rack in the office that I have all my shipping supplies on! Fortunately she did use the box I put together for her as her birthing box and not the floor under the rack.

I was doing something in the office and just thought I would check on her and when I didn't see her in her usual haunts I looked inside the box and low and behold, she had already delivered her first kitten and was in hard labor with the second.

First born was black and white, second one looked to be all black, but it's hard to tell when they are still wet! When I checked in on her a couple hours ago she was up to four, I think. The only one I could actually see looked to be an orange one. When I checked on her a few minutes ago she appeared to be done and has five little ones. Tomorrow I will have to pull the box out and probably change her into a dry one, or at least try to get dry bedding into this one and something under it to protect the carpeting.

I had to pull all the babies to the front of the box to get a count on them and there are two very dark ones with what appears to be brown or gold striping, the black and white one, the orange one has some smattering of white patches on it and the last one was a calico. I'll post pictures of them after their eyes are open..

On a sad note, "Rusty" the long haired orange stray that adopted us back in the summer has gone away. He hadn't been feeling well and I was trying to get antibiotics in him. Since it wasn't all that cold out everyone was still going outside for short periods up until a couple of days ago. When the others came in, Rusty was not around. I shouldn't have let him go out, but he had always been so good about coming in after 30 minutes or so and I figured the sunshine would do him so good. I figure he went off and died somewhere, or someone has taken him in; perhaps the neighbor two doors down. I'm pretty certain they have a short haired orange cat that has been in for dinner several times here and even spent the night a couple of times.

Sure hope I am able to find good homes for all the kittens and their momma. Best be getting a message off to Xandra for sure now!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread