+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hello, hello ? Is anyone home? Are there only three of us awake?

There must be something going on in your yard or mind! I am full of plans for the next year while completing some counted cross stitch for the Naples DD. The only problem is that the plans get a lot further than the action. My energy is not what I imagine, and I need help with any building and infrastructure that is needed.

So, what are your plans and ideas? Is your Christmas celebration large and exciting or like ours, very quiet? Any expansion ideas for the garden? Anyone getting animals in the spring? Chickens or rabbits, or even a pet dog?

How do you spend the winter? Ann, I know you keep busy in the yard and GH, but there are the rest of us. Glen of BC, you should have lots to do if there is a GH there. Tell all.

Shepp, Jim Lang, and many others--what are you doing these days? I miss hearing of your exploits. If you are still checking in from time to time, please stop and visit a little.

Now, I am off to a root canal, oh joy.
    Sandi
    SE PA, zone 6b

Blog Entries
    Sandi,

I don't envy your trip to the dentist, hope all went well.

I have been busy with seed auction and fighting with my computer.

I have several auctions ending today and all in all, they have done me well - meaning they have been paying the bills! As for the computer. . .

The computer is at least running, although I am having a lot of problems with my ISP software not wanting to work propewrly. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it 3 or 4 times now and it only seems to get worse. Looks like I am in for a long live chat with the support center and even then the problems may not be corrected. I am seriously considering changing providors, yet again. If it weren't for the fact that the repairman set me up with a special dialer, I wouldn't be on line now.

I am about to become a new grandma. . . .to a litter of kittens! Someone dumped a sweet little frosted calico and I ended up taking her inside as it just wasn't right to leave her outside with cold weather coming. The neighbor wasn't going to do more than put food out (where the neighborhood dog could get to it), so. . . . I ended up with her and a very friendly and lovable short-haired yellow tom. I now have 6 felines - and more on the way. Somebody shoot me, please! I can not keep all of these felines, my plans were only for three! My daughter has appearently decided not to take the long-haired yellow tom that I had neutered (for her), and now two more.

My gardens are all bedded down for the winter and I haven't made any serious plans for expansion of any except for perhaps the daylily seedling bed. I have been getting a few ideas for possible new crosses to try next season, but won't really start planning until later this winter.

There's lots I need to do, like organize all of this year's images and get then down loaded to disk as well as clean up all of the files in "My Documents" and make some entries in my "Blogs". Not to mention all the "domestic" stuff I really ought to be doing!

Winter is pretty dull around here, at least until the Amaryllis start to bloom!

Better go try to get my ISP problems resolved.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,

Glad to see that your computer is at least running. Hopefully, you will get all that fixed.

Sandi and all,

Last I heard from Shepp is that he is lurking as of late, so at least I know that he is still around.

I see lots of guests now and then, and I don't have a clue as to who they are and where they are coming from.

Life is about to get busier with me due to a second job (after school). Still, I know that I need to fix this database (from the old crash) and upgrade the software so that google can see the threads. Maybe then we can get more active members.

If that doesn't work, then I have to make some decisions that I do not like to have to make. It is simply not worth the cost if there is so little activity.

What can you do to help? Invite friends to join and participate. As long as the forum is active, I will do my best to keep it alive.

Thanks!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Yep, got my computer problems all fix, I got rid of Earthlink! I have up-dated my profile here with my new address and sent out several notices, of course the G-mail address still works as it is web-based. If anyone needs the new addy, let me know via PM.

Leaving Earthlink also brought about the end of my web site, "Becca's Lilies", but fret not as I did save it to CD and will eventually get it put back on a new host, just haven't decided who that will be or when.`I really hated that part, losing the web site, but I just couldn't deal with all of the problems I was having with the Earthlink software and wasn't able to reach any solutions. At least with mw.net (Mid-West Internet) I have local support during the day and toll-free support at other times.

Ann,

I really hate the thought of your having to decide to give up Landspro and really hope that it doesn't come to that. I will see if I can at least get a link to Landspro put on my daylily Blog, although there doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic there either, at least not much that I can track, but it is searchable and folks will come arcoss it and then the link to Landspro. I know Donald wouldn't have a problem with your posting a link to Landspro as part of your signature and being available through your profile there. There are several folks there who have sites who may also be willing to add a link to Landspro on their sites. Also check with Chacha at Charolette's Web, perhaps she would add a link on her site.

I need to get back to gmail and send out more auction win responses. I am so far behind!

Rebecca

Please excuse my typos - still need to install a new spell checker program!
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries

CALL TO ACTION

Gasp !!!!!!!!!!

OK, we need a CALL TO ACTION ... I will try to do some recruiting !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Ann,
    I too will try to recruit new members. As I love this forum and all you people here. You all were such a Godsend when I joined years ago. Gave me inspiration, knowledge, and friendship.
    I only belong to 3 other groups, but I will surely spread the word.

Sandi,
    Right now is our 'busy' time in the firewood business, so I'm not online alot right now. But I sit and dream about the new 'hardscapes' I will put in next year. I want to add some bent willow furniture and trellis, arbors, gates, and fences. I have an unending supply of willow for these projects. Now to 'find' the time. Although this year I did have more time to enjoy my gardens, as most of the beds are established. But then I did spend some time redoing the mound beds by my driveway and extending the bed out by my unfinished fenceline.
    My first project will be putting a big arbor up between the 2 mounds by my driveway. The hoophouse (that I didn't get up, got the waterline and electric lines run there though) will go to the far left, once you pass under the arbor. There's a 30 ft or so circle of gravel the other side of the arbor, and then the extended fenceline bed.
    Eventually when I have plants for sale, this is where I'd like to set them. Maybe it'll be a new 'seating area', until then.
    I bought some pink daffidols about 3 weeks ago from Walmart. Didn't think I was going to get them planted as it snowed right after. But then the snow melted and I was able to get them in the ground, along with some lily and other daffs that were mistakenly dug up. I'm not too good about getting bulbs in the ground, always think I plant them too deep. Then I think well maybe they're not deep enough! I do have one of the bulb planters, but haven't ever used it, don't even know how as a matter of fact. LOL!
    Our christmas will be quite a housefull as usual. We all gather next door at my Mom's. Hopefully all 6 of my siblings plus their spouses and nieces and nephews, great nieces and nephews will be able to join us. We do a big luncheon on Christmas Eve day, have for years, that way we aren't dragging the kids away on Christmas Day. My Mom provides the ham sandwiches and baked beans, and we all bring the rest. Quite a feast usually and I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!
    WOW! Don't know if I've 'talked' this much, in awhile.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

hello

Hello everyone. My computer has been down at work and I sure have missed Landspro!
    Hopefully I have all my plants bedded down for the winter. We may possibly get some snow tomorow morning. We have been having strange weather, warm,cold,warm,cold. Not good for plants in pots. Or for me.I don't like cold weather.
    I guess I've been on a little hiatus this summer and fall. I am looking forward to spring to get back into gardening and propagating. I want to try and replace all my plants I lost and salvage all my beds and start more. My daughter and I are saving to put a patio room or covered porch on the front of our house. I did sell or give away a lot of cacti and houseplants that I had from the nursery. Just too hard to winter over.
    Hopefully I will not be gone so long now. I really missed Landspro. I have been on here for about 3 hrs. Catching up.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Ann,

I am so saddened and sorry to hear this and wish, desperately, that there were something I could do so you wouldn't have to "give up Landspro".

People, surely we could lend a hand, we've been helping others stay afloat . . . .what say yee, one and all?

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Don't mind me...

I am feeling overwhelmed right about now. My mother had knee replacement surgery today. Thank goodness my brother is here to help her.

Two more weeks of school and we get one week off. Thank goodness Hunter will be off the split shift (half day) schedule starting in January. The Grand Bay students will have their school back.

Hunter comes home hours before me and is starving and wanting attention when I get home. Then, it is time for homework and because of their shortened classes and the fact that he is in advanced classes, he has tons of homework and needs help.

Next semester, I am scheduled to teach regular algebra classes. It will be the same course that I taught last summer, so I have worked all the problems and life will be a little easier.

I love teaching at this school. I feel like I have more in common with the kids because they live in the same areas where I grew up.

Just feeling quite old as of late, so don't mind me. I'm going to do the best I can to keep the forum alive until I can spend more time to upgrade it and promote it more.

In the meantime, I hope you will all try to help.

Thanks!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Ann,

Hope your Mother's surgery went well and that she will soon be back to normal, let's make that better than normal. Yes it is good that your brother is there to help.

This has been a very difficult start to a school year for you and for Hunter, but you've both made it so far and will both make it through it. Things can always be worse and things WILL BE BETTER!

Readership is way down everywhere this time of the year as most folks are involved with their families and the Holiday Season. I do see an occasional new member every now and then, the latest being Ann A. form California. I know her through my auction sales.

Not to worry, my friend, and if you need me to take on more of the monitoring, let me know! We might be a small group with an even smaller core , but we are here for you and you should know that we will all do whatever is in our power to assist. We went through school with you and we've been through horrendous hurricanes with you; we aren't about to leave you stranded now as you work your way through a difficult school year. As far as upgrades to the site go, they aren't so important that they can't wait. Granted, being picked up by the search engines will be a very good thing, but until it can happen, we'll hang in there with you.

As long as there is a Landspro you are never alone, someone is always a few keystrokes away. I say that because that is how I feel about Landspro. I don't feel that way about any of the other groups I am on. If you need a little more inspiration, look at Tink's, he still isn't able to be there and participate like he used to, but the site continues. That is my third home, this is my second home and, of course, "where I is" is my first home, the kitties and me. Too many kitties!

Hang in there Ann and always remember, we are here for you whenever you need us.

Hugs,

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

I echo Rebecca's post, all except the next tp last line. My home has a dog, a granddaughter, and a daughter.

Ann, try to keep this going--I know about money being tight, I live on $525 per month which goes to pay car and medical insurance. But, I know I can scrape up $10 to send to help with the annual nut. Perhaps others can also.

Please PM me your addy and I will send it forthwith.

This is the first place I turn after checking my e-mail each morning.
    Last edited by 3girls; 12-08-2005 at 05:55 AM.
    Sandi
    SE PA, zone 6b

Sandi,

You are a sweetheart.

It will all work out. I just have to be more patient, give it time and hopefully, I will have more of that next semester and this summer.

Stay warm and take care, and please try to understand that there is not much that I can do at the moment about the lack of activity. Like Rebecca says, it's that time of the year...

Everyone seems to be complaining, and I am not sure what to do about it at the moment.

So, let's hang in there and see for awhile longer!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries

Lightbulb

Ann- Sometimes it takes me awhile to cogitate. I just now realized that the businesses that you have on the Landspro home page have Affiliate programs which -duh!- I just figured out is why you have them there.
    Fellow Landspronians, this theoretically means that if you buy through that link, Landspro could get a percentage commission !

Ann- Are your affiliations still up to date ?
    Is this something we can pursue---remind Landspronians to patronize these businesses via these links--or maybe even suggest additional affiliations ?
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread