+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whoa!!!

Whoa!!!

Today, the first quarter of school ended. We are short of teaching days because of the hurricane, so we made our own teacher tests for our quarter ending exams. I just finished gradng them.

Gosh! These students are special, and the majority of them passed the final test for the quarter. It was not as hard as it could be, but it was not easy either. I am so proud of these kids, but they struggle with behavior and staying on task. I struggle with keeping them there, and I'm worn out at the end of the day. They say I am mean, but I think that most are realizing that I am just being strict and it is working.

I have one student that was a horror to all of his teachers. For some reason, he has decided to try in my class. Go figure! The hardest subject for most of these kids is math. He made 81 on his final. He would have done much better, but he had not started working until after I covered graphing.

It is fun to see a bad child go from nothing but trying to disrupt and prevent learning to striving to learn and making an 81.

Makes my day....

I am ready for a break, but have to work tomorrow even though kids are off. I have met with many parents of students that probably won't make it this year due to behavior. So, I have grades to enter, tests to file.

But after that, the weekend is totally MINE! I surely hope it is a cool one, because I miss gardening.

Hang in there with me. It gets better every day. I love the school where I am. The teacher are great. The administration is great, and everyone's heart is in the right place (with the exception of a few kids who need to be pushed in the right direction).
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Sometimes the best examples can be set by the worst sutdents, when they decide the task at hand is actually important to them. Perhap[s others will see how well he has done and try even harder themselves.

Congrats on making it through the first quarter! The rest will breeze by!

Hugs,

Rebecca
    Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread